• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radiator mounting in TT Armour case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have a Coolrad 32T 3x120 radiator in my TT Armor. The 5-1/4" "shelves" on the sides make it a very tight fit unless I wanted to trim them. I put a piece of 1" thick styrofoam on the bottom not pictured here to isolate some of the vibration of the 6 panaflow fans mounted on it. I have 8 zip ties looped through the fan screws and the side of the chassis to make sure it doesn't move anywhere.

coolrad_32t_tight_fit_resized.jpg

Thats exactly what I want to do with a swiftech MCR220, I want to put 4 fans on it in a push pull, but my problem would be mounting the hard drives. I really like to use the 6" sata cables. Is there any room to mount a hard drive behind the radiator?

Top bay houses the power / reset + 3-1/2" external bay, the bay just below that has my optical drive (can see the bottom of it in that pic). I mounted the hard drives in the rear 3 x 3-1/2" hard drive cage next to the PSU. With my CoolRad 32T and 6 38mm Panaflo fans on it, its rather thick and actually takes up almost the entire area where the 5-1/4" drive bays are and leaves absolutely no room to mount anything there.

If you use a 2x120mm radiator there should be enough room to have the power / reset bay + optical drive + 3 x 3-1/2" modular bay mounted in the front.

I'll post some other pics when I get home.

I have an armour case and a 2x120mm fan radiator and i have mine mounted in the front of the case in the 5-1/4 bays it takes up 6 of the slots. I have to try and find a different place to put it because I am going to need more than 5 free 5-1/4 drive slots. I was thinking of drilling out 2x120mm holes in the side panel and then stick it there. the radiator is ~6inchs wide so there maybe some space issues.

Here are some pics of my current setup. Dont mind the paint it got messed up when my mom opened the garage door and all kinds of dirt blew on my wet case. :bang head The hole is in the motherboard panel and I have a duct that blows my Rad air out the side and I have my pump hanging down in the middle.:beer:

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4
Pic 5
Pic 6
Pic 7

UmHelp said:
I have an armour case and a 2x120mm fan radiator and i have mine mounted in the front of the case in the 5-1/4 bays it takes up 6 of the slots. I have to try and find a different place to put it because I am going to need more than 5 free 5-1/4 drive slots. I was thinking of drilling out 2x120mm holes in the side panel and then stick it there. the radiator is ~6inchs wide so there maybe some space issues.

Here are some pics of my current setup. Dont mind the paint it got messed up when my mom opened the garage door and all kinds of dirt blew on my wet case. :bang head The hole is in the motherboard panel and I have a duct that blows my Rad air out the side and I have my pump hanging down in the middle.:beer:

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4
Pic 5
Pic 6
Pic 7

very impressive, i love that Danger sticker :)

[off topic (kind of)]
UmHelp said:
Dont mind the paint it got messed up when my mom opened the garage door and all kinds of dirt blew on my wet case. :bang head

Well that sucks exceedingly. Next time if you can, get some thin plastic sheeting (like for winterizing windows) and a roll of duct tape, and rig a paint booth.

[/end of off topic]

Don't have much to contribute, but as long as the rad is narrower than a cd drive it should stand up just fine in any case, as long as its got enough bays. If you have trouble securing it, a drill and some flat aluminum bar will work wonders for brackets.

thats actually a great idea. I dont know why i never though of that!!! :mad: I am going to buy a new computer mid-fall once Intel and AMD both get their big guns out on the market. I might try painting the case again it was alot of prep work and such. Hopefully my friend will let me barrow his air brush/spray gun again :bday:

As long as the radiator is <=5.9in wide then it should fit(less than equal to). Mine fits nicely.

Mount it in the front. Me and a friend of mine built two copper L shaped plates that we drilled holes in for screws and mounted it like a sort of hard drive or optical drive. Its really not as tough as it looks, trust me, mounting it on the front will be your best bet.

NODES said:

Commical
If your not subambiant, your not trying hard enough :p

Intresting rad mounts.. now how Am I going to fit a compressor in there ;)

Back