• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radiator question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
EvoFreak said:
Hey It's me again.......I just found out that my local computer store has swiftech mcr220 in stock. And also is 16 bucks (canadian) cheaper than BIP2. My question is......is it worth getting the MCR220 over the BIP2?. And Also what do you guys think of MCR320? over BIP2?
Provided it's the MCR220-QP, go for it. The Swiftech MCRx20-QP series has a lower FPI rating than the BIP radiators which should equate to better performance.

Also, I think I'll randomly reference some of Bill's previous radiator testing... someone may find it useful: http://www.swiftnets.com/Technical/Assessment of Radiator Performance.pdf

NODES said:
why not a Car heatercore...?
I was just thinking that, if you dont have too much time modifing it, you can use a yugo heatcore, its fittings are ideal for 1/2" tubbing so you dont have to modify it too much.

you can buy pre-modded heater cores. danger den, crazypc (I think) and maybe voyermods sell them. otherwise there are lots of them floating around forums you could pick up for cheap. take alook in the sale section

well the difference betwen rads is usually only a degree ot two... but the heater core will prob be a couple degrees better than the rad. it really all depends on your placement and install

soloz2 said:
well the difference betwen rads is usually only a degree ot two... but the heater core will prob be a couple degrees better than the rad. it really all depends on your placement and install

i had around 3-5 degree diff when i switch to a heatercore

Back