• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radiatorless.... kyro/res system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

racecar12

webmedic got me thinking yesterday. I had all the pieces needed to put together a kyro/res. I already had the heat sinks and 120watt peltier screwed together. Which made it a relatively quick job of setting up the resivior.

I used one of those weatherproof boxes you get Home Depot to setup the RIO 120gal/hr pump and pelted heatsink.

To be honest, I didn't think this was going to work at all. I had discussed chillers with tril0byte close to a year ago and he did something like this with bad results. But for the system I am testing with, its performs very well.

AMD [email protected]
Ambient temps are 20c
Idle temps 32c via monitor and 27.6c with external probe by the core.
Full load temps 34c via monitor and 29c with external probe.

AMD [email protected]
Ambient temp 20c
Idle temp 34c via and 29.3 with external probe
Full load 36c via and 30.4c with external probe.

The fan on the heat sink for the pelt is extremely quiet and low cfm. Heck this is the first time I have ever heard my hard drives it is that quiet. This is not a bad setup for the size t-bird I am using. But I don't think this kyro/ res could step up to base cooling a high power overclocked, overvolted cpu. Still turned out to be a fun project and another one watercooled.:cool:

I attempted to make a chiller, last year, but the results weren't worth the equipment, so I tried to salvage the pieces, but arctic epoxy ripped the pelt in half :( I can see it working decently with a large HSF on the hot side, though...even better to get something copper with high CFMs

cjlax5 said:
u could just buy a heater core off ebay and it would probably help quite a bit
I think a rad would help also but the independent chiller res was the goal with this project. I know for a fact that my temps will be cooler with this setup which is soon to be in this system.

i wonder how that will work with a alpha pal 8045 coling it LOL.. i would love to water cool but only prob i have is i cant afford to pay for a water block thinking maybe i should have paid for that and not the alpha sence i like to play around with my system as ahobby and i have nothing to do now LOL

so anyone know how well this might work with a alpha 8045 cooling the water? or is this whole idea a bust?

looks like it words pretty good, especially for it's simplicity and compact size, my water cooling ability is limited by my case size and i was looking at using a heater core, this may be a little more doable with my space constraints. i think an 8045 or a swifty would be a great adition. but i know very little about pelts. the pelt is cooling the water and the air is cooling the pelt right?

Back