• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Monsoon Series II D5 Res & Lowara D5

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nebulous

Dreadnought Class Senior
Finally got to swap out the pumps and reses today. Man this thing is silent! It bled faster then the XSPC res. So I'm thinking the old D5 is at least 15 years old. I've had at in service for 13 years without fail and I got it used from Hardass and he had it like 2 years. Not all D5 pumps are the same. Mine is original Lowara, so I wanted to stick with it when I got the new one. I hope the new one lasts as long. res2.jpg

Nice! My original D5 would probably still be in service if not for the res running too low while I was out of town and shot the bearing. Replacement I have I got used here in like eh 2016ish and its still going strong. Though the rig itself is a bit long inthe tooth these days its still doing its thing.

Anyway thats a sweet looking reservoir

Indeed, not all D5s are alike. I hated their noise from the original MCP655s, but I have a modern PWM D5 and it's dead silent at 4500rpm. Enjoy the upgrade.

I dunno, Dog. Maybe it was the plastic housing, or being bolted to the case, but it had a high pitched whine that was unbearable unless I turned it below 3. But man, could it move water in a low dP loop (PA160 and pin-fin block).

I had a few Corsair branded D5's I got on a deal online and both had horrible squealing noise. I tried RMA-ing to Corsair, but those morons rejected it stating the pumps came from a kit and I would have to send them the entire kit in order for them to replace the pumps. I explained they did not come from a kit that I was aware of. All I purchased was the pumps, and where from, along with a sales invoice/receipt. They still wouldn't honor the warranty. Not the first time they rejected my RMA. From that point on I never purchased, nor do I own any Corsair product.

The swiftech version MCP-655 was rock solid for over a decade as well. I had several of those.

I remember Corsair having suspect customer service all the way back in the early 2000's, I believe something to do with memory.

Back