• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radiators F2 Extreme Dual Fan (Pictures and Data of the two new models pré-finished)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
damn nice

Hey i was wondering copyman u kinda seem the god of water cooling and well i need help iam gonna build a pc soon and i really wanna overclock the 3.0 iamma get to somewhere Around 4 and iam on a preety tight budget the case iam gonna use is a antec PlusView 1000AMG and iam gonna prolly use an asus mb p4c800 deluxe or a p4p800 deluxe mb along with a a gig of ram with a 6.4 gig bandwith and iam trying 2 get a fx5900 card and i really wanna kno whats the cheapest price i can get for water cooling 2 overclock my pc 2 somewhere around 4 gigahertz and the case comes with like 2 fans . i wanna kno what water cooling and fans i should have if u can help me i mean IAM ON A REally tight budget i would like 2 kno whats the cheapeSt price i can go

since everybody question....

the model F2 Extreme Four fan cost US$250,00 American dollars with barbs of 1\2 "

the model F2 Extreme Dual fan cost US$135,00 American dollars with barbs of 1 \2 "

the model F2 Extreme Dual fan Slim cost US$125,00 American dollars with barbs of 1\2 "

to post prices goes against the rules me they inform

all the friends thank you for the praises

I am very happy that you like of my works:)

What makes these more special than a standard heatercore with a fancy shroud? Not meaning to bring it down as they look damn nice but do you make the radiators or do you buy a heatercore type rad and put a fancy shroud on it?

wannaoc said:
What makes these more special than a standard heatercore with a fancy shroud? Not meaning to bring it down as they look damn nice but do you make the radiators or do you buy a heatercore type rad and put a fancy shroud on it?

you can check my work here and to see that they are not common radiators,

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showt...threadid=212514

but I will post some considerations and results right here for you

I´ve been developing watercooling products for some years. In this time, I´ve tested most of the products available, about 90% of the high efficiency wc systems available in the market. In all of them, besides evaluating their performance, I also looked for mistakes, always trying to understand the tecnology used, and trying to find ways to improve their efficiency. In all of them, what caught my attention were the radiators.... All were very inefficient, and highly flow restricted. These factors limited the cooling systems I was evaluating in extreme Ocs...

Of course they can´t do the cooling work all by themself: a high performance water block and a strong water pump is also needed... I tested most of them, and will do a brief explanation of what I think is important concerning watercooling

About the tubing and hose barbs: I use modified hose barbs... I´ll explain: My hose barbs are modified, having the liquid flow coming from the tubing in mind. They have their inner width widened to the max and polished. The mods on the inlets of these hose barbs is to keep a straigh line from the tubing to them, avoiding turbulance in the incoming liquid that would decrease flow rate. I use a 50% silicone ½ inch tubing, which is extremely flexible and has a bigger inner width, when compared to other ½ inch tubings available in the market, and it fits my hose barbs perfectly.
These tubings are custom made for me by a manufacturer near my town, and are capable of doing a complete 4 inch radius circle without any obstruction or deformation. I use these tubings and hose barbs in all my water cooling kits, extreme ones or not.

About the F2 Extreme radiators: I would like to give some personal beliefs about the commom radiators used today for water cooling before explaining my radiators.
None of the radiators I tested, at least from what I know, are made exclusively for watercooling . For example, Dtek, one of the most used radiator, is simply a regular air heater radiator used in cars. The only difference is its size and headers. All the rest, including the Z form flat tubes, the tanks, the fins, are the same that are used in 90% of today´s cars air heaters. They are probably made by Delphi, since its identical, except for its size and headers, to the ones I tested. They are exactly the same heatcores made for the Chevette air heater, usually recommended in this Forums as a cheap solution. In my opinion, they´re highly restrictive and inefficient when used for watercooling.
The same thing happens with the old (refrigerator´s condenser) and new Innovatek radiators, as well as the Black Ice and Black Ice Extreme from Danger Den, which are also made by Delphi, and uses the same flat tubes, headers and fins used in other heatcores made by Delphi, most of them used in air heaters for cars. Again, these too are extremely restrictive, with low heat exchange and not innovative.

If you look for a air heater radiator in na auto´s parts shop, you will see that 50% are identical to the ones used by Dtek, and the other 50% are exactly the same used by Dangerden and Innovatek... Always the same thing, the only difference is the size, inlet type and, sometimes, the material used in it...

I wanted much more than the market could offer me... I knew how a watercooler radiator should be, and I would not do as the others did, using radiators based in trivial heatcores, inefficient and flow restrictive, usually used for air heaters... What I wanted was a perfect watercooling radiator, at least from my point of view.... Specially designed for watercooling use... And that´s how my F2 Extreme project started...

Some characteristics of the radiator F2 Extreme four fan:

That radiator is made with 3 arrays of flat tubes opposed and 12 layers of laminate pure copper for each inch of height,
it has in the total of 54 flat tubes divided and opposed in 3 arrays

it works in an only fluid passage, he has TWO entrance of 1\2 in the superior camera and TWO exit of 1\2 in the inferior camera

the entrance has a special camera that feeds of fluid in a homogeneous way all the flats tubes .

all weld they are them done with 57% of silver and all the connections are re-worked for over diameter and soft angles of entrance and exit

4.jpg

23.jpg

CPU: xp1700+
Stepping: 0310
Cooling:Watercooler F2 Extreme ( no petier , chiller or vapos)
Voltage: 2.1v
Motherboard:abit nf7-2 rev 2.0 Bios 1.3
System Memory: oczel3200 dual channel
Overclock: 2744mhz

Watercooler Setup

Pump : Quietone 1100 gph
Radiator : F2 Extreme four fan
Block: LRWW

OBS : nf7-s bio1.4

1.jpg

2.jpg

OBS : nf7-s bio1.3

a.jpg

b.jpg

cpufan said:
The Radiators look great Copyman! I can't wait to get my hands on one. Has anyone reviewed them yet? Cathar?

Will your radiator be modified in Monday and correspondent in two days, did you receive my e-mail?

I am sad for not having to who to send my rads and your block cascade to evaluate at a laboratory that can supply necessary data.

I am with a ready complete group, rad, bomb, lrww, cascade and tubes for sending.

but for who?

bill doesn't execute more the tests, joe not this ready one executes it them, I am the wait so that my equipment can be tested in a complete kit with the cascade and lrww, and only the rads.

am trying to send for Joe a rad it is still a complete kit with the cascade, but he informed not to be ready for test them on that moment, I am awaiting

The radiator that I sent for cathar went to him to evaluate inside of an interest peculiar of him, if he go or not to publish data is a choice that he will do.

Thank you friend for the purchase, in a few days you will be with them in your hands

As you may know and most people do I am always willing to stir the pot about new ideas, so here goes. :)

Good benchmarks there but I notice you are using a WW block to do the testing. Have you done these tests with the same setup with something more widely used such as a TC-4 or Maze series block. Also would you please show a pic of the barb side of the radiator and since these are some custom radiator are you selling them seperate with no shroud or only as shown.

I'm all for getting great cooling parts and the logic of this being designed for PC watercooling instead of a car makes alot of sense to me as I agree completely. But for what I'm sure is alot money you are charging for these questions need to be asked and not just jump on the bandwagon as it goes around. Also which sensor is your cpu and what is your case and room temps. The air going into your case would make a difference along with the WW block you are using which is proven to drop temps somewhere around 6 degrees and maybe more. By no means I don't mean to sound like I am shooting down your idea but without questions there are no answers. :)

wannaoc said:
As you may know and most people do I am always willing to stir the pot about new ideas, so here goes. :)

Good benchmarks there but I notice you are using a WW block to do the testing. Have you done these tests with the same setup with something more widely used such as a TC-4 or Maze series block. Also would you please show a pic of the barb side of the radiator and since these are some custom radiator are you selling them seperate with no shroud or only as shown.

I'm all for getting great cooling parts and the logic of this being designed for PC watercooling instead of a car makes alot of sense to me as I agree completely. But for what I'm sure is alot money you are charging for these questions need to be asked and not just jump on the bandwagon as it goes around. Also which sensor is your cpu and what is your case and room temps. The air going into your case would make a difference along with the WW block you are using which is proven to drop temps somewhere around 6 degrees and maybe more. By no means I don't mean to sound like I am shooting down your idea but without questions there are no answers. :)

I will try in my bad English writing to answer your questions

first: I already tested in my systems and I have them here for comparative, maze2, maze3, inoova rev3, innova flat flow, swif mcw 462, swif mcw 5000, dtek tc4, LRWW, Cascade, moringa rv1,moringa rev2 and other....

Of the mentioned blocks, the ones that I consider of high efficiency they are the inoova rev3, TC4, LRWW, Cascade, moringa
The other ones unhappily have a excess mass and inefficient thermal changes

It doesn't import the flow rate applied in the other blocks, the differences were always of more than 5c for or other and an enormous delta, they heated up the mass and they didn't have efficient thermal change after certain level of applied heat

You had found a lot of people using these blocks that I described as inefficient and they will be happy with them and with good temperatures, but without doubts they will be generating very little heat

I don't see reason to test an enormous range of blocks that would saturate in the level of heat generated in my tests

The tc4 for instance was the block used to develop the system, it is a cheap block and of high efficiency, you can see the results that I obtained with him to seek my first posts
The differences compared to the lrww they were approximately of 3 c and 1c of delta, I already reached 2700mhz prime stable with him

But it stopped in 2733 mhz non stable, while with the lrww I went to 2748 mhz non stable.

As the temperature of room of the tests is always among 20 to 23c, and I always place them unless I have me distracted

I am organizing tests with pictures with blocks pumpss and radiators different with pictures, but he understands, I am not a great manufacturer, I divide my work in manufacturing rads in them hour of rest, to 3 months I don't eat lunch, and I have my work and my family to assist, don't see me as a great manufacturer because I am not, as cathar I suffer for trying to do everything at the same time, I newly got to buy a good camera to have better pictures of my equipments, it arrives in 3 days, with some patience I am going documenting again all the tests in a more organized way and with more and better pictures

With relationship at the radiators and your costs, understand, they are not radiators manufactured in machines to the thousands, as the other ones, the whole work of assembly of them and of the shorouds it is done with great part of manual work, and that type of core it is not cheaply of buying.

I will sell them without shoroud's, only the cores, I am also organizing this part in next week

I hope our chat continues, if something that you wanted didn't answer you asks again, or ask more questions.

but we are going one of every time, oh I can answer in a more technical way and completes yours doubt's

Thank You

Ivo Guilhon
(Copyman)

That got most of my questions, you sure do keep it cold in there! I get these temps with my room temp at 27 - 29c, I wonder how yours would work here. Let me know when you get to selling just the radiators.

wannaoc said:
That got most of my questions, you sure do keep it cold in there! I get these temps with my room temp at 27 - 29c, I wonder how yours would work here. Let me know when you get to selling just the radiators.

do you want me to say that gets them same temperature that mine with the room temperature in 27-29c? dissipating the same heat?

could you post that for me , with details of the hardware and rig?

with relationship to the radiators without shorouds I already sell them, I don't just have detailed pictures of them, I have about 4 requests of pure radiators being done for several customers

thanks

Ivo

do you want me to say that gets them same temperature that mine with the room temperature in 27-29c? dissipating the same heat?

I dont quite understand what you meant by that. I meant to say I get my temps in my sig at my temps, I'm not sure what my temps would be at 20c room temp as my wife would probably kick me out if I ran my a/c enough to get my office down to that temp. It would be interesting to see what mine and yours would do in my setup at my temps.

wannaoc said:

I dont quite understand what you meant by that. I meant to say I get my temps in my sig at my temps, I'm not sure what my temps would be at 20c room temp as my wife would probably kick me out if I ran my a/c enough to get my office down to that temp. It would be interesting to see what mine and yours would do in my setup at my temps.

hehehe didn't I probably understand the sense of your previous post, do excuse, but for curiosity, is which your motherbord and bios used in the temperatures of your sig?

Is that temperature measured in the bios?

Tell me the size of the cores that you want and I can to supply an approximate cost for you.

tks

Ivo

Yes, the setup in my sig is what I'm taking about and they are BIOS/mbm5 temps. I had it at 2430 @ 33/37 but in order to keep my pc quiet I had to lower it back to 2340 so I could 7v the intake fan.

Another thing, in the one pic you show the bottom? of the bare raidator. If you sell the bare radiator is it going to have any type of shroud/cover on those ends?

any news on these babies? thread had a short expectancy life span or something. I was looking forward to those reviews etc. Are they still being made and how do they compare to a Dual D-Tek ProCore (dual shroud dual fan) setup?

Back