• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RAID, RAID, Don't go away!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well, after moving my computer from temporary housing to a new apartment, I implemented RAID 0 on my two 320GB drives.

Here's the performance...not what I wanted. :confused: Anyone know why?

And all of a suddent, I am getting "the nVidia display driver failed to respond but has recovered" messages when I play games. What gives!!??!! :bang head

Attachments

• RAID 0 HDTach Performance.jpg
    RAID 0 HDTach Performance.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 99
Modified the Intel Matrix Configuration to enable write caching and voila! Much better!! :woot:

Attachments

• RAID 0 Write Cache Enabled.jpg
    RAID 0 Write Cache Enabled.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 79
it's a rare day when you hear that someone had a HD fail on them so Raid-0 is more common now for practicle means like gaming and video than any other raid format. Those that have critical projects on their PC tend to like the piece of mind of a Raid 0+1 setup (Raid 10)

Sam,

Matrix raid is about mixing different Raid types on single raid array, and its not a new, just see it as a hybrid raid type.

Unfortunately this feature only available at Intel ICHxR chipset, so the answer is no for your nforce4 board.

Sam,

Matrix raid is about mixing different Raid types on single raid array, and its not a new, just see it as a hybrid raid type.

Unfortunately this feature only available at Intel ICHxR chipset, so the answer is no for your nforce4 board.

thanks for clearin tht up

Back