• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ram CPU-Z Question...Halp!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Suppressor1137

Current RAM: Corsair XMS2 800mhz CL5's 2x2GB

CPU-z Data:

Memory tab:

General:
Type: DDR2
Channels#: 2
Size: 4096 Mbytes
DC Mode: Symmetric

Timings:
DRAM Frequency: 400 MHz
FSB:DRAM: 1:1
CL:5
tRCD:5
tRP:5
tRAS:18
tRFC:42
CR:2T

Is there anything wrong with this setup? Is it running at true 800 Mhz?

This section is what confuses the hell out of me.

SPD Tab:

Memory Slot Selection: 1/3(both are the same settings.)
Module Size: 2048 Mbyte(same)
Max Bandwidth: PC2-6400(400MHz)
Manufacturer:Corsair
Part Number:CM2X2048-6400C5
Correction:None

Timings Table:

JEDEC#1
270MHz
Blank
1.80V

JEDEC#2
400MHz
Blank
1.8V

Settings set in bios are:

DDR2 800MHz
2.1 V

Is there something wrong with the settings that doesn't show the memory running at 800 MHz in CPU-Z? Also, I experience a certain memory bug(Memory loop.)It clogs up, then says "Not enough memory to start Application." The only fix is to restart the pc. any insight? could it be bad settings on the RAM?

Can you post screenshots of the MEMORY tab and SPD tab...

It should be showing 400Mhz. 800Mhz is DDR (Double Data Rate).

The only thing I see wrong here is that you can change the TRFC setting in the BIOS to 22 instead of 42.

That 400Mhz you see is at single data rate, DDR doubles that figure so your RAM is actually at 800Mhz

:p everything in that long line of stuff has the SPD tab included...:p

And Thanks for that. Any insight into the problem with the memory loop?

And I'll try that Jm...

I have the voltage set higher due to a recommendation from someone at Corsair(an email from one of their reps.) its been running fine at that for a few months now, they don't get hot either.

Thats the point, that LONG line of stuff isnt easy to read.

Your memory issue tells you that you are out of memory. What application is taking it up? Did you check task manager and see?

It only happens if I leave my pc on overnight. This happens even on a fresh install of windows. Any application I try to run says I'm out of memory. When I restart, all is well. Its a minor annoyance if anything. One thing I noticed, it prevents me from even opening up the start menu tab to restart the PC, I have to close a program of some kind(steam for instance) just to restart the PC.

And by virtual memory, you mean the VRAM on the GPU?

It only happens if I leave my pc on overnight. This happens even on a fresh install of windows. Any application I try to run says I'm out of memory. When I restart, all is well. Its a minor annoyance if anything.

That would be a real pain to me, lol

Never had that problem before, then again I dont let windows manage my pagefile. Never have! Try setting a fixed pagefile of 4096MB. I'm unaware of what you use your system for but that should be enough for most people.

Roger that. Checking Pagefile now.

Update: Pagefile used: 2426 MB, Pagefile available: 5761MB(odd number...)

It only happens if I leave my pc on overnight. This happens even on a fresh install of windows. Any application I try to run says I'm out of memory. When I restart, all is well. Its a minor annoyance if anything. One thing I noticed, it prevents me from even opening up the start menu tab to restart the PC, I have to close a program of some kind(steam for instance) just to restart the PC.

And by virtual memory, you mean the VRAM on the GPU?
Again, you have an application that is likely leaking memory.

Try this... leave Task manager open on PROCESSES tab overnight, when you have that error, check the task manager and see whats using the most memory.

Back