• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ram for 2 X 1GB on NF2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mizzery

I'm looking for ram that works well with the NF2 in 1GB sticks. Looking for 2 sticks for my NF7s. Preferrably looking for people who have run 2 gig sticks in an NF2. Thanks.

Don't do it! You'll never get them stable at the speeds you want and you will have to run with CPC disabled as well. It would be a better idea to upgrade your CPU and motherboard

I'm really not looking to upgrade the cpu/mobo now. My computer only feels slow on video encoding. Holding out for ddr2 for amd. I really don't care what kind of speed i get cause i'm running my memory slow right now so if i can get pc3200 i'd be happy. Maybe a little more great. If i can improve from this: i'd be happy.

Attachments

• mem.JPG
    mem.JPG
    25.5 KB · Views: 163
You only have 384mb of ram, I consider that a little ram. These days I wouldn't settle for anything less than 1gb. 1GB of anything should speed things up.

i think just getting say a cheap 1g stick of 3200 would help a lot.
getting a new cpu/board would help even more.
2g on an NF2 is kinda a waste

well, as I see, your running in single channel also, get a matched pair of 2x512 and run it in dual channel, that'll double your memory bandwidth and speed things up.

TazExtreme3 said:
well, as I see, your running in single channel also, get a matched pair of 2x512 and run it in dual channel, that'll double your memory bandwidth and speed things up.

Dual channel on an NF2 board gives at most a 2-5% performance boost ...not double :santa:

Yep, just pick up 2X512mb sticks of memory and set to dual channel and you should be set. Also, OC'ing that setup to 200fsb would definately give you the speed boost that you are seeking. Running an NF7 setup at 133fsb is kindof defeating the purpose of having such a great board.

maybe it gives you a 2-5% total increase, but it does increas the ram bandwidth by much more than that. Going from 266ddr to 400ddr and having more ram should give me the performance increase i'm looking for. Are 1GB sticks really that unstable in NF7 boards that I should limit the amount of ram I want by half?

SteveOCZ said:
Don't do it! You'll never get them stable at the speeds you want and you will have to run with CPC disabled as well. It would be a better idea to upgrade your CPU and motherboard

Man with cute winking girl avatar speak truth:

linkage The last post in the thread in particular.

Ended up going to school on this *after* I bought a third stick of OCZ GX for my first sig rig. It's a KT600, but the issue is still the same: my memory controller just isn't up to it.

Just find a decent set of 2x512 PC3200 (or PC3500) and get that FSB up there. :) 220 or so should be doable on 2T.

Last edited:
Back