• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Ram install which slots?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yaiie

Hey guys,

I'm looking to install 2x4gb 1600mhz ddr3 corsair vengeance into my asrock extreme4...

Since dual channel needs to be on the same channel can I use channel two over channel one? (To leave more room for my heatsink)

After reading the manual it seems to be fine either way as long as they're on the same channel (just want to double check)

Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 75
#1 has your answer...good either way. If there was a difference the manual would (likely) tell you.

Since dual channel needs to be on the same channel can I use channel two over channel one? After reading the manual it seems to be fine either way as long as they're on the same channel

Just a FYI, but in order for dual-channel to be enabled w/ 2 x DIMMs, 3 rules apply...

Same memory size (1 GB, 2 GB, 4 GB, etc.)
Matched DIMM configuration in each channel
Matched in symmetrical memory slots

So referencing the pic. below, and like EarthDog suggested, the 2 x 4GB modules can be installed in either the black slots (DIMM 3 & DIMM 4) or the blue slots (DIMM 1 & DIMM 2) to enable dual-channel.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 69
Back