• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ram Polls: Fully populated two sets. Which one?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cemster

Registered
No OC intended. Which set should I choose?

G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 64GB (8 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL10Q2-64GBZL Item #: N82E16820231508 $314.99

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

CORSAIR Vengeance 64GB (8 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 Desktop Memory Model CMZ64GX3M8A1600C9 Item #: N82E16820233331 $374.99

:bang head?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

The Ripjaws are cheaper, but also have looser timings at the same voltages and speed. This means it will be slower, by around 10%. Depending on what you are using this for, that will probably not be important. However, you could probably overclock the Ripjaws to the speed of the Vengeance without much difficulty, which gives the benefit of the same speed at a cheaper price.

The amount of repetition in your post is bordering on obnoxious. :-/

Thank you for speedy replay...

The amount of repetition is reflecting the emotional state I am in!
I am not sure why would that bother you though... :shrug:

Thank you..
I'll be using my rig for video/audio production not so much for games..
I need to populate rams for CS6.. Also I don't think my mobo likes those rams.. P9X79 WS..

cheers

Back