• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RAM recommendation needed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vapor X

Hi, Looking to find out if "high end" RAM will benefit me on this build. (spare bedroom computer)

It is a low end machine with Core i3 4130 and Radeon 7700 card to run on a 1080p LCD TV. Mainly used for X-Plane 9.

I will be limited to 4GB due to a Windows 7 32 bit OS, so is it worth going to a motherboard that can overclock a high speed RAM like a 2400 or 2666?

Thanks!

Not sure how X-Place 9 responds to faster ram, but if it is like most games, the performance gains will be negligible. It is certainly not worth buying another motherboard and ram for.

I don't think you can set so high clock on i3 CPU.

Fast memory also needs faster CPU to see some bigger performance difference. I think you can still find 2x2GB 1600 8-8-8 or 1866 9-9-9 Crucial memory that will be probably best for this rig.

Thanks for the input, never thought about the CPU factor! Will just stick with the 1600.

Back