• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ram timings thread?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shadowlid

I thought I remember seeing a sticky thread a couple of years ago about how to set ram timings on the forum here, and If I remember right it explained everything in detail but I cant seem to find it… don’t know if im just blind or what, ive tried using the search function but not finding anything? Could anyone point me to the post or link some good information, I think this is where im hitting walls on both my systems The I7 here and my new chip a AMD 8320E supposedly able to hit 4.9ghz according to the ebay listing :facepalm: (either way it was the cheapest chip listed at the time).

Thanks all for the info, and sorry in advance if its right in front of me.

I don't remember any sticky about timings. Nothing has chanced since I made my memory thread so for last ~4 years.

There is no clear rule about all timings and making a guide about main timings is pointless. There are too many variables like memory IC, frequency, memory type, chipset, BIOS version, CPU microcode/AGESA, ... I just doubt that anyone can make one clear guide how to set everything that will work on all platforms. I only made a guide for Ivy Bridge couple of years ago but it's not covering everything.

Oh thanks for the info maybe im thinking of something else? Ive been doing some reading and its starting to make sense now, a little more research and i think i can squeeze some more mhz out of them.

You can check my memory threads ( sticky or in my sig ). There are memory kits based on about everything so can compare settings. Or just make a new thread with your memory kits. Someone will for sure give some advice.

Back