• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rampage III Formula + OCZ3P1866C9LV2G settings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NoMonitor

Registered
Hello OC members,
Glad I stumbled across your forums however I can't seem to find the answer to my question anywhere on here (or google.)

First off, I am a noob to the lingo and/or abbreviations associated with the BIOS in this regard. Every "answer" I have found to my question includes abbreviations that are not in my BIOS.

I am wondering what settings I need to run my OCZ RAM (OCZ3P1866C9LV2G) at it's proper speed.

Setup:

CM Storm Scout Case
Rampage III Formula motherboard
Intel® Core™ i7-970 3.2GHz (6 core/12 thread)
Corsair H80 water cooling
BFG 1000w 36A (BFGR1000WEXPSU) power supply
OCZ 6GB DDR3 (OCZ3P1866C9LV2G 6GB triple channel RAM kit)
MSI GTX 560ti Twin Frozr II 2GB GDDR5/OC and nVidia GeForce GT430
2x 1TB SATA Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Last edited:
should be able to go into the bios and find the X.M.P. part and just set it to whatever profile shows up for your rated speeds. With mines its profile 1

Thank you! I thought I had to manually set the timings and such. I take it that is only for overclocking and stability troubleshooting?

The XMP option is located on the Extreme Tweaker tab--> Ai Overclock Tuner--> X.M.P, which will auto-adjust the DRAM frequency, the BCLK if required, and the DRAM timings and voltage according to what the manufacturer programmed into the SPD of each module. The OCZ3P1866C9LV6GK kit is rated at DDR3-1866 and 9-9-9-28 (CAS# Latency, RAS# to CAS# Delay, RAS# Pre Time, and RAS# ACT Time) at 1.65V, all of which can be set manually if you wish.

The XMP option is located on the Extreme Tweaker tab--> Ai Overclock Tuner--> X.M.P, which will auto-adjust the DRAM frequency, the BCLK if required, and the DRAM timings and voltage according to what the manufacturer programmed into the SPD of each module. The OCZ3P1866C9LV6GK kit is rated at DDR3-1866 and 9-9-9-28 (CAS# Latency, RAS# to CAS# Delay, RAS# Pre Time, and RAS# ACT Time) at 1.65V, all of which can be set manually if you wish.

Actually it's my bad; I had my part number typed wrong once in my post and in the title;

OCZ-OCZ3P1866C9LV2G - But I catch your drift. :)

Back