• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Rampage III Formula wont boot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mobius01

First off, I've been looking through these forums as a guest for months now and I think this must be the most intelligent and helpful community I've ever seen. Thank you all for generating such a vast wealth of knowledge for people out there like me :)confused:)

Getting to the point, I recently purchased an open-box ASUS Rampage III Formula motherboard, so no warranties to speak of. Usually it boots right up and works without so much as a hiccup, but every so often (once every two weeks maybe) the board will not power on at all; no POST, no fans, etc. The start and reset buttons on the board light up like normal as does the Clear CMOS button on the back of the board and the LED next to the BIOS chip indicating the active BIOS.

I have tried using minimal hardware (one stick of RAM, Boot Drive, Graphics Card, and processor of course) with no luck. I have also replaced the PSU, but the problem remains, symptoms unchanged. I am at a loss seeing as how neither Newegg or ASUS will provide any support and I really cant afford to buy a replacement. Life without my rig.. so empty..:rain:

Any ideas here are very much appreciated! Thank you guys!:D

Specs:
ASUS Rampage III Formula
Intel Core i7 930 OC'd to 4.1GHz
2x AMD Radeon HD 6870's
2x 4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 1600
Corsair Force GT SSD

Oops sorry, I knew I would end up leaving something out- I'm using a Cougar-1000CMX PSU.

Thank you for the quick reply also.

with asus support. You basicly got to RAISE hell to get them to help.. Ive heard alot of people saying about there support not helping untill they raised hell. Humm... im guess u dont have another rig to try your parts in? Or a friend that has one? that you can put his on yours and visa-versa?Does it not boot up on a hot day?

Well after a few phone calls ASUS has agreed to RMA the board:bday: Very surprised to say the least.. I was preparing to give up hope after Newegg and ASUS initially told me I was on my own but it appears I'll be back up and running in a few weeks, so a HUGE thank you goes out to you EvilJoker and if anyone else ever has a problem with ASUS support make sure you call at least five times before giving up!

hit the little button on the right side of my post that say "Thanks" :D

Glad you got it bro,, Asus dont like to admit they have problems with they'er products...

Back