• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Raptor troubles....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

-=A][A=-cazman

Hey guys I've had 2 raptor drives in raid 0 on my asus A7N8X dx board for awhile now and I finally got some good ram so I wanted to OC it a bit. I have a xp2500+ barton so I figured I could take the FSB up to 200 no problem....but I set it at 185 to be safe. I ran that fine and did prime 95 for 16 hrs no errors. Upon rebooting I get the bright idea to change my mem timings down some to get faster mem (they are 2x512 MB Kingston hyperX pc3200) they are rated at 2-3-2-6 so I tried to set it to those timings. After I rebooted it would go through all the POST and then when it would try to load windows I'd barely see the screen and then it would reboot. So I turned my mem timings back down and still get the same thing..............barely see the windows screen and poof back to post. So I'm wondering.............why would this do that? I thought that the PCI bus was locked so it wouldn't affect my raptors. Yet it would seem that it is the raptors since it won't load up windows but posts fine (all the settings back down to stock) yet no windows. Am I wrong to think that the PCI bus wasn't locked? Well anyways right now i'm and reformatting my system with only 1 raptor ......since I want to OC and raid doesn't seem to like being OC'd. Any ideas would be appreciated .

Do you have a 2.0m or one of the earlier version? I heard the early ones could not hit 200fsb...or something like that.

Also, do you have the latest bios? I know this is of no help to you now, but it would likely stabilize things.

Hmmmm well I'm not sure if I have the 2.0mm one or not........is there a special number on it? Yes I have the latest BIOS its the uber 1008 I belive for the A7N8X-E Dx. If they can't reach 200 fsb...........then whats the point of having them. Like say u have a 400 fsb chip (3200 barton) then it would run default at 200mhz anyways.......and these drives would fail? That doesn't make much sense to me.........but then again I am a noob at OC'n it would seem lol.

Back