• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Raptor window mod...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bad ConNecTioN

Very basic mod, but I have been wanting to do it nontheless.

I have a pair of Raptor X drives, and a windowed PC case. I have been wanting to mount the Raptor so it was visible through the window, and I finally got around to doing it.
Unfortunately, I did not take any pics during the fab process as it was really late (or should I say early). Anyways, here is a couple shots of the final product.

To mount it, I used was a bracket from a 3.5 to 5.25 adapter. I attached this to the side of the drive, then screwed that to the bottom of the case. The adapter I used is made by Scythe, and has rubber spacers to help with vibration. It worked out well, but I had to add a top brace to keep the hole thing form wobbling due to the rubber. I mounted the drives with the connectors aiming towards the front of the case to hide the wires, it worked out well.

While I was drilling, I also decided to cut a couple holes for better wire management. Still, my PSU has too many wires to really hide them all....damn Corsair lol :)

Picture068.jpg

In this pic you can see my work buddy...he pretty much supervised the entire process...

Picture073.jpg

This is just a better shot

Picture069.jpg

I just noticed all my pics are from the same angle...I will have to take a couple more straight on to show the brackets.

Cheers!

P.S.
The spell checker aint working for me, so please excuse any errors.

P.S.S
Ignore the stock CPU cooler....I have a vapochil LS sitting right behind me :)

Back