• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Raspberry Pi 3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

'Cuda340

Very Welcoming Senior, Premium Member #11
Model B.jpg

In celebration of our fourth birthday, we thought it would be fun to release something new. Accordingly, Raspberry Pi 3 is now on sale for $35 (the same price as the existing Raspberry Pi 2), featuring:

**A 1.2GHz 64-bit quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 CPU (~10x the performance of Raspberry Pi 1)
**Integrated 802.11n wireless LAN and Bluetooth 4.1
**Complete compatibility with Raspberry Pi 1 and 2

More...

This looks good , I have been thinking of getting a PI to use a media box for my living room . built in wifi is pretty much sealing the deal .

That's a pretty awesome little box there. I wonder if my existing pi case would work (probably not)

I wonder if my existing pi case would work (probably not)

Jump to the 1:00 mark...

--Edit--

Windows 10 IoT Core support for Raspberry Pi 3

This morning, the Raspberry Pi Foundation announced availability of their new board—the Raspberry Pi 3. We’re excited to have Windows 10 support the new board via a new Windows 10 IoT Core Insider Preview update available for download today.

Source

Last edited:
I have my Pi2 running Kodi media center with the HDhomerun plugin for a few rooms. For $40 I cut out multiple cable boxes and still have the same functionality. The only thing is buying an mpeg2 license for each Pi, which cost $2 per device. Without it, premium HD channels do not use hardware acceleration. I presume the Pi3 will have same restriction, based on its price. Overall, each Pi pays for itself each month. The new one looks like a beast.

That's a pretty awesome little box there. I wonder if my existing pi case would work (probably not)

The only difference from the Pi 2 is that the LED lights have been moved and the Wi-Fi antenna put in their place so your existing case may not show the lights.

Back