• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rate this build and offer opinions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BuRgLaR

Intel Core i7-5960X Haswell-E 8-Core 3.0GHz
ASUS RAMPAGE V EXTREME LGA 2011-v3
GeIL 3200MHZ DDR4 16GB
Crucial MX200 CT250MX200SSD4 M.2
SAMSUNG 850 EVO-Series x3
Corsair Obsidian Series 900D
EVGA GTX 980 4GB 256-Bit K|NGP|N x4
CORSAIR AX1500i 1500W PSU
WD Red WD60EFRX 6TB IntelliPower NAS x3

What can you say , looks insane

Their are a few things I would do different

Samsung M.2
G.Skill 3000 DDR4
eVGA 1600 g2

A monster...

What is the purpose of this build that you need/using a $1K 8 core CPU? 4 980s..4 Kingpin 980s?!!! Why 3 SSDs?

There is not point for you (who will not be extreme cooling overclocking) to go with the RVE mobo nor the Kingpin 980s. YOu can save hundreds if you get say ASUS STRIX 980s and a motherboard that you would use half the features on.

I prefer EVGA Supernova G2 1300W PSU over the corsair. Cheaper and just as good quality. Considering the GPUs are 165W each, 1.3KW is also overkill, even with overclocking.

NO need for 3200MHz ram either.. 3000K is plenty or lower CAS 2666 too...

Thinking he want's the special sauce socket , and got to love the KPE's

we need to recruit this kat for the team ......... :rofl:

Yes, yes we do need to recruit him for the team, LOL!

EDIT: Burglar - how is this going to fit inside the battery casing like you mentioned yesterday in another thread?

Last edited:
Yes, yes we do need to recruit him for the team, LOL!

EDIT: Burglar - how is this going to fit inside the battery casing like you mentioned yesterday in another thread?

Not unless it's the size of foot locker :D

Toying on the idea if dumping a ton of cash into a killer build.

The amount I am going to spend on the loops for this thing is going to be stupid as hell

I think you can have a killer build and save a ton of cash, but, not my money. :)

Either way I want to see a build log of this!

With those parts all you need is a piece of plywood , few power supplies and some pots

if for daily , agree there is coin to be saved

If I'm not mistaken, that's (almost) the same build that K|NGP|N used to set the Firestrike Extreme record. If you build it, you must bench! lol

Yea, if this is just a daily driver, coin to be saved is an understatement. You could go with any aftermarket-cooled GPUs, the 5930K and a more affordable board and never notice the difference in any game. And if you're watercooling, you could even go reference GPUs and maybe save some cash there too.

Im kinda worried about trying any phase change gear as that is well out of the realm of what I've ever attempted before.

Not that I couldn't but I see no need as this is going to be a daily driver/ bench pc plus you are talking about major coin on that gear

Back