• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RE: EK-FC1080 GTX Aorus RGB Waterblock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AviatorSS

RE: EK-FC1080 GTX Aorus RGB Waterblock

Dear Overclocking Community,

I am trying to install an EK-FC1080 GTX Aorus RGB Waterblock onto my AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Xtreme Edition 11G GPU. However, the instruction manual, supplied in the EKWB Waterblock box, has different thermal pad application instructions than the instruction manual for the same product on the EKWB website. As such, I am unsure where to apply the thermal pads. I've sent EKWB an email, but it's going to take them a few days to reply. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. Please refer to the images provided... IMG-0327.PNG IMG-0328.jpg IMG-0329.jpg IMG-0330.jpg IMG-0331.jpg

Welcome to the forum.

Odd that both don't look like your card but that is typical for ek these days. The printout in the second to last picture seems to match your card best but I would carefully lay the block on the card to see what is actually touching the block just in case. It looks like the fourth row in between the mounting holes would also contact the block so would need pads too but not sure since I never used that card. A test fit should tell you for sure though.

Thank you for your advice. Its been extremely frustrating since EKWB claims "FAST" technical support on its website. However, I did contact them late on Friday night and its still Sunday. I believe you are correct, the second to last picture (from the actual printout instructions provided in the box) seems to display the correct application of the thermal pads. Can you please elaborate a little further on how the thermal pads are supposed to contact the waterblock? I did place the waterblock on the GPU, but not sure which components of the GPU, i.e., MOSFETS, are supposed to contact the waterblock with or without the thermal pads.

Basically any of the pads you apply should make contact with the block. The thermal paste on the main chip too of course. The under side of the stock cooler generally will make contact with the same parts as the water block.

Back