• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Read Now Urgent

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

scoobiedoo

Love slave to da man
3/17/2003 PLANNED SHUTDOWN, FRIDAY MARCH 21

The power in our building is being rerouted and we are being forced to have a planned shutdown. We will likely take all of the F@H servers off line Friday, March 21 around 5pm PST and then bring them up around 1pm Saturday, March 22. The exact times may change slightly. We had a previous planned shutdown like this which went relatively smoothly and we hope that this will go smoothly as well.

Do you have your extra instances running?

1 hour away from shutdown

scoobiedoo

I was able to just download some new cores but there website is down for me,anyone else??

I guess we wait and hope that everything comes up ok!!

BAH!!!!!!

I was just getting the more urgent word out :rolleyes:

well, someone had to repost it anyhow

hehe

scoobiedoo

scoobiedoo said:
BAH!!!!!!

I was just getting the more urgent word out :rolleyes:

well, someone had to repost it anyhow

hehe

scoobiedoo

it's ok i am just joking around with you. :D:D :eek: :cool: :p

FOLD ON
NAS

Crap , just saw the thread , I guess it is too late for me ....... sorry guys.

BTW, I have only been folding for about 6 weeks now , it seemed like I was rocketing to the top until I got around 300 now I am at less then a snails pace. I guess this is where they really active membership is ?

Anyone know how many active members we have ?

Just curious.

Bah, Even with my systems being offline most of yesterday and getting a couple WU's per CPU I got mostly GAH units that my machines chewed through overnight. In all my farm I'm down to 1 GAH unit (good for maybe another 2 hours...), and my server didn't get the extra load because I didn't want to hog too much memory (got to leave some for the clients...)

So whats the deal if I can't take my consoles off?

I mean, quite a few of my rigs are not at hand...will they go crazy as I've seen before when inet is gone? maybe even need to restart them for them restart their work?

Lemme hear..

:eek:) Kenny

flixotide said:
So whats the deal if I can't take my consoles off?

I mean, quite a few of my rigs are not at hand...will they go crazy as I've seen before when inet is gone? maybe even need to restart them for them restart their work?

Lemme hear..

:eek:) Kenny
Flix no worries, you dont need to do anything special. The clients will connect with stanford once the servers are back up, all bu themselves. What I did was just ran 4 clients on each machine last night so I didn't run out of WU's while the servers were down;)

i downloaded some extra wus on my two main machines. set up 8(yes 8 :)) f@h folders, set up two sets of machine ids 1-4, and had them all dl gromacs wus. had the first set of four crunch their wus overnight, and now they are on the second set. unfortunately i didnt have enough time to do the same for my other 2 big rigs :(
ah well the server goes back up in a few hours (hopefully)

Was lucky enough to get a 59.9 point FatBoy yesterday, which will keep my rig busy until early Monday morning...
Didn't even know there was a shut down in the works until I saw this thread...Thanks for the heads up Scoobiedoo...

Folding Away... :D

Back