• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Realbench only reading 1599.3 ram

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TickleMyElmo

I'm trying to do a realbench stress test. I have 16gb of g. skill ram installed but when I try to run realbench using up to 16gb of ram it says not enough available memory. Install more ram, increase size of pagefile, or select a smaller ram preset. Why is it doing this and how can I fix it? Here is a pic of the realbench settings.

Untitled.png

I'm trying to do a realbench stress test. I have 16gb of g. skill ram installed but when I try to run realbench using up to 16gb of ram it says not enough available memory. Install more ram, increase size of pagefile, or select a smaller ram preset. Why is it doing this and how can I fix it? Here is a pic of the realbench settings.

RealBench is just that way. Select less ram than you have.

The 1599.3 is a unit of MHz and thus the speed rating of your RAM. If you read further down that same line it does say 16 GB.

If I had to guess, this program is using some of the RAM that you want to test and therefore can not stress 100% of the RAM. Since you have 16 GB, the program is using some portion thus making the available RAM something less. Although, I say that and the wording is "up to...". Definitely a glitch in the program that is not readily explained by the developers.

simply ~1600MHz = DDR4-3200 so your RAM speed
up to 16GB = it will use ~16GB but your OS and other soft is already using ~3GB, maybe more so have to pick lower value for stress test like ~12GB ( run task manager and check how much RAM is in use )

There are other processes using some RAM besides Realbench. Realbench can only utilize what's left after that. Select 8 gb instead.

Back