• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Really need help with e6300 o'clock!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gomdori

PLEASE HELP!

Hi there new to these forums, I have always been an AMD guy and have never had trouble o'clocking them however I changed over to an intel core 2 duo e6300 and am getting some random results overclocking.

Firstly oclocks fine from 1.86 to 2.5 without much tweaking running at 355 fsb and standard settings, I have been reading everyone else is getting them up to 3 to 3.5, I have the following set up.

Windows Vista Ultimate 64 ed, previously xp pro 32 (was having same problems)
Asus P5E mb with latest Bios 1002 I think
Core 2 duo e6300
2 x OCZ Technology 2X2GBKIT REAPER 240PIN PC2-6400 DDR2 800MHZ = 8gig
XFX Geforce 8600 GT DDR3 512 PCI Exp
Very large Ninja heatsink, prob biggest thing in my pc and very good air cooling throughout.

Another wierd thing is I can get a stable overclock at 2.79 by setting memory timings to 5-5-5-15 but it comes up with no boot devices detected???

anything higher than that either wont switch on or comes on but no output to screen??

Runs nicely but I really want to attain at least a 3.0 mark on the processor and it will be running nicely spent hours on this and really driving me mad any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Sam (gomdori) :)

Could be your asus board or just an E6300 that does not clock great iirc my 6300 ran about 2.7 - 2.8 maxed on a asus p5w dh deluxe

do you have any ideas re the no boot devices??

I am willing to admit that but it runs perfectly fine at similar speeds 2.7-2.8 which I would be happy with but it comes up with no boot devices I cant understand why? it should at least be able to hit that with the setup I have.

any ideas and any advice on voltage settings etc as I said I am a bit new to overclocking intel's what settings did you set up on your asus board to get it stable at those speeds any info would be really appreciated. and also my memmory is designed to run at 4-4-4-15 but when I run it at that it wont boot up while overclocked I take it that is just because its overclocked??

Thanks again in advance.

:bang head on the wall again.

do you maybe need to overvolt the memory? Loads of CAS4 ram needs 2.1V to be stable

unfortunately

the mb will only let me manually choose 2.0v max do you think that is the problem, the memory says 2.1v on the sticks themselves??

As Neb just said, you need to increase your RAM voltage. Also you might get better overclocking results if you flashed your board to the Rampage Formula (complete guide here). It's really easy to do and benefits more people who flash it.

I am going to flash the bios to the rampage?

Will that give me more bios options? also will it work on a p5p mb as well? sorry have two PC's the mb I have at the moment sets 2.0 as max on the memory voltage will the rampage bios give me more options or is that just a limit on my mb?

Thanks again this forum is great can stop :bang head and :) now, thanks again in advance.

Back