• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spawn-Inc

brand new built computer, have 7 64bit running fine.

i went to put in a second hdd to copy some stuff over from my old computer and the first thing it tries to do is boot into my xp install which is on the hdd. i made sure my ssd was to be booted to first and still it tries to boot into xp. ok fine, i remove the hdd and have only a ssd plugged in. now it gives me the error in my thread title. why?

system:
extreme6 z97
gtx780
celeron 2.8ghz (waiting on 4790k)
8gb ram
evo 840 250gb.

when i got the drive i forgot to format it, but i assumed win 7 would do that for me. when i plugged the drive into my old setup it said the disk was not initialized. i've since formatted to restart this stupid !@# !@#@.

rant
f@#$@#$ing god dam mother @#$#@$ing computers suck! i want to take my 12 gauge and destroy every @#$@ing computer in this @!#$ing house. why the @!#$@$ cant things 1@#!@# god dam !@#!#ing work>!>?!?!!? !#@!@#!@#!!!!!!!!!
/rant.

Do you know if Windows was installed with UEFI enabled? If so, change the boot devices to be UEFI only and try again. Also, look for an entry that just says "Windows" and put that first if it is listed.

If the drive is MBR, make sure UEFI is disabled ("legacy boot only" or similar) and the drive is first in the list.

If neither of those fix it, boot the disk like you did before and do the boot recovery option. The install should fix it real quick.

ugh, why do they make these dam things more and more complicated...

i can only assume it was installed with uefi enabled.

i reinstalled windows and haven't done all the updates yet, but its working now and boots into windows with the same hdd hooked up to it. so i guess problem solved for now.

time to read up i guess. thanks.

That's a standard AMI BIOS error message for when the BIOS can't find a bootloader to load an OS.

Back