• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Received My FX 8350 today 1st push on it.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nice Cpu V I'm assuming it's 1.45 under load? What do you have the NB Freq at and CPU NB V? Also what speed are you running your ram? Thanks Bass BTW.

yes .... 1.45n for 1.8GHZ Northbridge is up around 2500MHZ @ 1.265v and HT 2300 MHZ ram 1866 @ 9 9 9 24 @ 1.675v I think. Turned out all it needed for the next step was more VCore.

I am currently testing @5006MHZ stable for 30 min though it took me a bit of VCore to do that now sitting at 1.524v. Core temps ar 54*C and Socket Temp is 57*C with an ambient of 19*C right now ...... have the window open. :) Even after all my prime runs my computer has only heated up this room 3*C over the last 5 or so hours which would not have been possible with the FX 8150.

Might be to early to prove this but it is something to keep an eye on but my settings for 4.8GHZ was almost the same as I had for my FX 8150 @ 4.7GHZ. I took some snaps of my BIOS before flashing to the newest Bios for my board, I'll have to take a look after when I get the chance and compare them.

(Edit)
Dam ..... spoke to soon ..... ILLEGAL SUM OUT @ 30.5min.

Attachments

I'm almost there and I actually dropped my V-Core a notch. I'm going to try 5 later. Also for the life of me I cannot get Prime to work I uninstalled it 3 x it hard locks the pc the sec I hit start on anything other then stock settings.

Attachments

• Aida 4.9 2 hr.PNG
    Aida 4.9 2 hr.PNG
    42 KB · Views: 124
  • cpuz 4.9.PNG
    cpuz 4.9.PNG
    31.6 KB · Views: 127
  • hw mon 4.9 2hr.PNG
    hw mon 4.9 2hr.PNG
    48.1 KB · Views: 121
Well .... it looks like these chips have a sweet spot .... 4.8GHZ just like the FX 8150 did at around 4.5GHZ where after you hit it ..... it reallytakes a big voltage change to get stable.

I have not quite found a working combination for 5GHZ yet I can get it stable to run prime blend for about 30 - 40 min and have taken my VCore up to 1.524v and 1.275 CPU/NBv which bumped my temps up to about 60*C on my cores. I am packing this in for tonight and give this baby a little rest.

I'm not going to make a run again until Monday, that's if I have power with this hurricane coming. I'm going to leave the 4.9 and run some benchmarks and do some gaming and see how stable it is.

Back