• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Receivers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

catkicker

Has anyone ever built there own receiver for useing in conjunction with TEH valve? I need to build one for my chiller setup, it needs to have a capacity of around a 1/2LB to 1LB.

It doesn't look like anyone has. I don't even relly know what one is. Whats a TEH valve? I'm assuming typo for TEV, but I don't know all that much about HVAC, maby it's just a type of restrictor I don't know about.

If this receiver is just like an accumulater, I have seen them made of of lots of things. An empty MAPP or propane tank seems to work well. You can just hook up to its existing connection, and it is plenty strong and even has a pressure relieve valve should things to horrably wrong.

Simplest thing to build really.
You put tube entry at top and exit at middle or bottom that bends downward so only liquid enters. There is homemade one I am using on my chiller :p

Well here's a picture and info for homemade receiver

Wheres it go?

This is the valve I'm installing

I figured I post some pics of the receiver I'm making. One of the Xtreme people set me up with the valve.

Yes... TXV needs full colum of liquid to behave nice. Thus a way to let only liquid going out of receiver. Concept is simple... liquid is heavier than gas so you grab liquid from bottom of chamber while vapo/liquid comes in from top.

lclark2074 said:
Is there a reason that the inlet tube is so far down tube?

No that is outlet where it grabs liquid to go to TXV... :) You see inlet way at top of receiver. Outlet need to sit as low as possible not touching the bottom obviously to grab liquid as much as it can.

jcw122 said:
Cool, I'd like to know how it affects the system.

Ive been reading over at XtremeSystems for a while now and the TXV valve replaces the capilary tube to give the system "an automatic transimition" if you will, were the cap tube is a single gear (depending on volume it helps to determan the speed vs. the final pull down temperature conversly ).. it helps the system pull down temperatures faster durring load and regulates the system charge.. they are calibrated for the size of the compressor and the gas type used (well as close to the gas that you will be using)

Im in the information absorbing stage and all of this is intresting to me.. :p

Back