• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recommended Ram at 1600mhz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

calriclarc

Registered
hi guys, will try to upgrade my ram from 4gb to 8 or 16gb, can anyone suggest me a ram for gaming, but not so high end one, im from the philippines my budget is around 2000php or 45$ for 8gb and 4000php or 80$ for 16gb

In general, RAM is RAM. If you're not overclocking your RAM, you can pretty much buy whatever it is the cheapest as it should be guaranteed to run at it's stock settings.

Honestly any. Ram is ram is ram. If its only for gaming 8GB is fine. Just grab some DDR3 1600Mhz CL9 at 1.5v and call it a day. :)

i see, does any brand will do? i see some brands that are much cheaper with others why is that?

i saw this new Brand namely Avexir, it has good aesthetics, rams with led light, have you guys heard of it? is it ok to buy that unknown brand?

and may i ask is there a noticable difference in gaming between a 1333mhz and a 1600mhz? sorry for my noob questions

Before you run off and spend your Peso, check what Ram works with your motherboard as a word of caution! I dare say my good friends are right 100% about what they have posted, but it never hurts to check and its FREE. AJ. :D

1,http://www.asrock.com/mb/memory.asp?model=H61M/U3S3

Take your time here is your RAM LIST Bro!

Last edited:
Here is the thing with memory compatibility lists. It just shows ram they TESTED. It doesnt mean ram that is not on the list wont work. 99% of ram will work assuming proper voltage (1.35v-1.65v at reasonable speeds). If you are a nervous nelly for some reason, only then I would check the compatibility chart. ;)

+1 :p

By the way he can run this would be nice 8GB of Corsair 1866 cmt32gx3m4x1866c9.

Back