• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

reduced reservoir liquid levels over time...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aliitp

Registered
i have been always noticing the water levels reducing over time in my custom liquid cooling rig, i keep checking the fittings and i cant find any signs of leakage !

am wondering here since this system is running GPU Mining pretty much 24/7 and GPU temps at 60c most of the time, could that be the reason of water evaporating or something ?...

what other for the water levels going down overtime in the res ?...

That is completely normal. :)

Simple evaporation. The system is sealed enough to not leak, but it can still evaporate... especially when warm because pressure increases (albeit slightly).

Even if you had a slow leak you would see water stains somewhere. I would double check around the radiator fittings because a leak there could easily be hidden and never reach a spot where it is visible without a deep look. If nothing there I wouldn't worry about it. As ED said a small amount of evaporation is normal

what EarthDog said evaporation, it evaporates through the tubing even in a perfectly "sealed" unit it will happen, about once a year i had to top mine off.

thanks a lot guys truly appreciated !... what are the best 1/2 ID compression fittings (leak proof) to purchase for normal soft tubing ? (old school guy)...

If you match fittings and tubes then most popular brands are good and won't leak. I guess that everyone has their own favorite and it's more because of the looks than functionality. The last set I was using was from XSPC 10/16 and 9.5/15.9 EK Dura Clear tubes. No leaking for a year but I recently replaced it with Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black on the CPU as I was changing graphics card to RTX3070 and I didn't want water cooling for this card. It was pointless to keep whole custom water for the CPU only ... and pump+res were installed on the way of the new graphics card.

Re evaporation, I was typically adding some coolant twice per year. My brother is doing about the same in his PC. How often you have to add a coolant, highly depends on water temps.

I'm currently using Monsoon fittings with Primoflex tubing without fit issues. Bitspower are very respected through the water cooling community but I can't say for sure what tubing they fit. I would assume most if not all because I haven't seen any info on poor fitting. They are darn expensive though.

Barbs with worm clamps work fine still just don't look as pretty.

thanks guys i really appreciate all your advise its valuable for me !...

I do see bubbles however from time to time not sure why !...

i have one last question regarding my current setup and i dont need to open a new thread.

My loop consists of the following, Swiftech MCP655 (maximum speed) - 1x 200mm RAD - 1x 240mm RAD - 1x 120mm RAD - CPU Block, will having 3x Full Block 1080 Ti(s) gonna get enough flow/pressure with this setup/pump ?...

thanks,

Yup, it will be fine. Probably towards the limit for it with all those blocks but should be fine. Next time you do a rebuild adding a second for safety wouldn't be a bad idea.

Back