• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Reducing the fan noise

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mvaliz20

I am planning to build up a rig with this specifications:
intel core i7-5930k 6 core 3.5GHz
Motherboard Asus X99-Deluxe LGA 2011
Asus Strix GTX980 4GB
G.Skill 32GB(4X8GB)

My friend has bought the same rig with NZXT. H440 for the case. However the case is sound proof, there is still lots of fan noise. I wonder if you could suggest me a way to reduce the noise as much as possible, as it is really annoying for working long hours. I appreciate your suggestion for any case model or solution overall.

Can I suggest that you look at a 5820K instead? Even if you go 3-way SLI, on the 5820K you will still get an 8X PCIE 3.0 link across all 3 cards, which really is not a bottleneck. The only people who would benefit from a 5930K are people running 4 GPUs. 5820K is meant to be the accessible, high performance solution. 5930K is a niche product for people wanting massive PCIE connectivity with a hex core, and 5960X carries the massive PCIE connectivity over and adds 2 more cores.

5820K/5930K are identical in every way except that the 5820K has 28PCIE 3.0 lanes from the CPU vs the 5930K with 40. That's it. Not worth $200+ IMO for that difference.

With previous generations, the X930K was the best buy because it was the entry level hex core. Now the entry level hex core is one level down where the 4 core was before. You want the 5820K.

Back