• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Registry Mechanic - Free!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Krogen said:
I'm quite sure all it does is remove unnecessary registry entries.

....and it fixes damaged entries. which makes your 'puter run faster and work propaly...

Anyone do the compact and optimize registry feature? I usually stay away form compacting anything.

Its getting hammered. It rejected me. "580 simultaneous threads on this IP has been reached."

Really? I just tried it, worked fine.

Edit:

If you want, I can use another e-mail I have and get you a key if you wish.

Last edited:
Got mine now too. i just had to keep trying. Good find here bro! Thanks for the linkage!:santa:

Redstone said:
Anyone do the compact and optimize registry feature? I usually stay away form compacting anything.

i don't fully understand the optimize thing, but the compacting. well that just compacts your registry back together to create more space and make your 'puter run faster.

For what its worth, I registered a second copy for my wife's PC, using her email address and received the same Lic Key as when I registered for myself...I bet that we all have the same generic key.

The last part of my key is "F33B". Anyone else have the same?

Reefa_Madness said:
For what its worth, I registered a second copy for my wife's PC, using her email address and received the same Lic Key as when I registered for myself...I bet that we all have the same generic key.

The last part of my key is "F33B". Anyone else have the same?

i would believe you are right...the company who made RM, it's their promotion giving RM out free. It's easier to keep track of one serial-key rather then 100's.

krag said:
Its getting hammered. It rejected me. "580 simultaneous threads on this IP has been reached."

Dang database limits. :D I am suprised it wasn't limited to 500.

Need to be careful with registry cleaners. They clean out "unused" registry entries or "fix" them by changing a few things. I've seen them corrupt windows more then a few times.

tech9 said:
Need to be careful with registry cleaners. They clean out "unused" registry entries or "fix" them by changing a few things. I've seen them corrupt windows more then a few times.

I second that. I ran this, found 129 problems. Fixed those, then ran the other tests. Let it restart, oops, XP won't load. Video is all corrupted. Luckly I was able to restore the the last known working settings and it's back to normal.

For what it's worth, after the initial deep scan I also went ahead and ran the other processes but ended up with no adverse effects or problems. Windows seems to load quicker now, though that might be my imagination (or that I never really noted startup speed before :rolleyes:)

Back