• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Remove extra subs/audio from MKV, MP4 no reencode?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ssjwizard

Has slightly less legible writing than Thideras
Ok so I am sorting thorugh my media collection and getting everything into a standard format that will work across all of my devices. I have a few files which I ripped that I forgot to leave out the extra languages and subtitles. Now its not a really big deal, but as much as I do happen to have plenty of storage I dont feel the need to store all the extra audio tracks. So what Id like to do is rewrap the files but not re encode them. The ones which have this problem are mostly in MKV but some are in M4V format.

So what can you recommend for me to use for this thats simple and fast?

mkvmerge, it will seperate all the parts (demux) then you can choose which ones to make a new mkv file.

I've never done anything with m4v files so I'm not sure about that. You need to find a tool that will demux m4v and then you can use mkvmerge to create an mkv file. I think m4v is a form of mp4 file, so you could try mp4muxer and see if that will work.

M4V is a form of MP4. I think ive used mkvmerge actually. I had to do this once before but dont recall what I used.

Back