• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Replacing fans?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pierre3400

annnnnnd it's gone
Hey guys,

I been wanting for a while to replace the 2 Corsair fans on my H70 loop, but i want something quiet, and with white LED's.

Whats a good make and model for this?

If theres nothing good, how are the Corsair Air Series SP120 Quiet Edition?

bitfenix makes some spectre pro with white LEDs.. they are decent fans, not a whole lot of static pressure but they do have fluid dynamic bearings and the price isn't too bad.

corsair SP120 are loud and overpriced for what they are.

Cougar vortex HDB or Gentle Typhoon are much better fans for the same price.

I have jumped away from the white LED fans, and now im just going to look at quiet fans.

I cant believe the Corsairs arnt that good, im a sucker for Corsair products, and i like the design of those fans, and i dont see the price being so bad honestly, compared to just about everything else, i can get twin sets (2fans) for a good price.

1 Corsair is 25$ and a twin set is 35$.

I just want silent fans, at the moment im running the stock H70 fans with the resister on, cos they are loud without.

Ok, so today, i bought a NAS box, and with that said, why not get a new switch, since the one i have only has 2x 1000mbit, so i bought a gigabit switch, and found that the Enermax CLUSTER UCCL12 was on sale, they only had one, but now im going to try it out, should be very quiet i hope.

So you did buy the Enermax Cluster after all good for you i hope they are quite like advertised Pierre just let me know! AJ.

Well, I can't say anything about other fans since my current system is my first custom built/high-end system ever. It's put into an NZXT Phantom Case and I added a couple of extra NZXT fans to the case. I haven't ever tried any other fans yet, but I don't really feel the need to as my system is quiet enough, even with the fans at full speed.

I can have my system running at full load for hours, yet more noise will come from my husband's computer.

This is the best and most quiet system I've ever owned.

Edit: I just now saw that you already bought some fans, so kind of a late answer and realisation from my part

I should really go to bed

Back