• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[REQ] Guidance on next build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fwee

Registered
Hello, i amo going to make this quick

I was lookign at the GPU's today and noticed that im better off buying 2x sli 770 instead of 1 780 but i am also thinking to myself, should i wait for the new chips to be part of the gpus before i upgrade?

same deal with the cpu

and ram if it will go to the next DDR.
anyone know when this should happen?

Welcome to the forums. :welcome:

The question is how urgent are your requirements? There is always something big round the corner and if you wait for it, you may end up waiting forever. :)

CPU - Intel's new chips are expected between September-December.
GPU- Rumors indicate nothing new on the horizon (so expect something only in Q2 of 2015).
Motherboards- z97 is out (and shipping?)
DDR4- Not yet on the horizon.

As for GPU recommendations, I'd suggest a single GPU (780, 780Ti, 290,290X) over SLI or X-Fire. Also, don't forget to get a decent PSU. ;)

^ I would get a single, more powerful GPU as a pose to dual, less powerful GPU's as it's just generally more stable, and has the option of SLI'ing after that

yeah, i was looking at www.community.futuremark.com as it has all the general needs on what to buy and dual 770 looks better than 1 780 but i dont know how stable SLI is as i did crossfire before and it wasnt as good as i wished it was\

Im currently using
a 660 Ti 3gb @ 1111MHz
and its the card being pushed out the dor at this point.
I also am using a
I5 3570k oced @4.4GHz

which has given me issues since i first got it. runs like crap its been giving me fps stops on all the heavier games like APB, cs:go, probably bf4 too.
my i7 920 gave me better results for some reason but blew up when i was in bios on stock clocks -.-
im on a z77 extreme 4 aswell..
ive heard and ive expreienced ram issues but idk if its tied to the cpu or not.

bump!

still wondering if SLI 770 GTX = better than 1x 780 TI?
and i dont want to buy a 780 ti because i know theres gonna be a arrangement of new cards out soon so should i wait until cards like the new titan black come out?
^^^
Since they should have new gpu chips that arrange better im sure and i saw a few announcement with multi gpu single gpu cards? im looking for profit for long term use as i plan to be doing this for a while longer!
and wildstar just released>> and i only get 40-25 fps on medium/low settings 1080p or 1600x

More memory on the 780 Ti also, remember if using SLI you still only get the benefit of one card's memory. So, if you're looking at GTX 770's with 2GB of memory, it's likely the 780 Ti will perform better with multi-monitor gaming or when the time comes you migrate to a 4K monitor.

i dont know im thinking wait the prices already dropped meaning theres stuff coming out that will last more. im just struggling in fps on wildstar and when playing proper spellslinger pvp you have to lead your shots and everything

other topic. after monitoring my processor rates,gpu rates and testing everythign else i think my bottleneck is coming from my motherboard? i have a asrock extreme 4 z77 and my ram is a new replacement from corhair due to read failure anyone have any idea why its not running things properly? i thought it was the i5 i had but the diag tool and monitored the bus speed/core speed the core clock does not move unless idling and i tried unparking it anyways and it didnt seem to be the issue

Last edited:
Back