• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Request for Kill-A-Watt type Numbers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

notarat

We have enough computers at my place of work that upgrading them to a more energy efficient platform can actually save a substantial amount of money. I'm currently trying to gather some numbers regarding power usage but my Kill-A-Watt is broken (I dropped it and it bounced down 3 flights of concrete stairs shedding bits as it went.)

If you have a kill-a-watt type device and a socket 775, 1366, 1155, or 2011 platform, could you please gather some info for me?

I need the following stats:

Idle Usage in watts/hr
Load Usage in watts/hr

kw/hr usage doing general stuff (surfing, creating a document, watching a video)

If you could use the following format, you'd really be helping me out.

Platform (775,1155,1366,2011)
Idle Watts/hr
Load Watts/Hr
kw/hr doing general stuff

In return, if we do get upgraded systems, I will name each one after your username complete with a label on the computer bearing same name. ;) It'll confuse the boss and **** off the users, but that's in my job description anyway so it's just one more item on my checklist I can mark off for the month.

They are $20....

I say that simply because every system is different in power use. Anything from the # of fans, to # of HDD's, to GPU's to.....you get the picture. If you want to give your boss some metrics he can take to the bank, it would need to be completed on the systems in question with the loads your office puts on them. ;)

Earthdog

I'm looking for people who put their computers under more stress than my users do. That's why I posted here in the first place. People here overvolt, overclock, etc. and that means they put their systems under more stress than a standard user at my office does. Those are the numbers I want.

I already have those speed "office user" numbers. I don't need that type of data.

If you don't want to provide numbers, fine. I get it.

Any other takers?

I'll be happy to provide you with numbers... Im just at the office now (s2011 FYI). ;)

YHPM. ;)

Back