• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Res size

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spawn-Inc

does it matter what size res you have?

i want to cool a E6600 and 8800GTX with a Swiftech APOGEE GTX and a Swiftech STEALTH GeForce® using a thermochill 120.3 and Swiftech MCP655. would this res be fine?

Swiftech MCRES-MICRO™ Reservoir

and what fans are the best(middle to high end range) for cooling that are cheap?

Spawn-Inc said:
does it matter what size res you have?

i want to cool a E6600 and 8800GTX with a Swiftech APOGEE GTX and a Swiftech STEALTH GeForce® using a thermochill 120.3 and Swiftech MCP655. would this res be fine?

Swiftech MCRES-MICRO™ Reservoir

and what fans are the best(middle to high end range) for cooling that are cheap?
No it doesn't. It will reach equilibrium eventually and will be the same as a loop with less liquid. I had that res for awhile, no complaints.

ok so what about brand of fans? which brands are best. and do you need a shroud or not?

Spawn-Inc said:
ok so what about brand of fans? which brands are best. and do you need a shroud or not?
I usa Panaflo's with no shroud. Yate loon's if you want silence. Panaflo's are very nice. Can't think of any others, I'm tired lol :beer:

Mycobacteria said:
Depends how big the res is.... if its swimming pool size then it will take forever.
Lol, I'll agree with that :beer:

At that size however the reservoir is acting as your radiator. Thats why that works ;).

i would love to get 3 of them but at $30 a pop its to much. the setup i'm looking at is already 400-450. i will stick with the panaflows

this model to be exact.

but thanks all for the help.

Spawn-Inc said:
i would love to get 3 of them but at $30 a pop its to much. the setup i'm looking at is already 400-450. i will stick with the panaflows

this model to be exact.

but thanks all for the help.
Same ones I have, you'll like them.

hmmm theres a thought use my fish tank... dammit it has a heaters... though maybe i could use the pc as a heater haha....

Mycobacteria said:
My room is the warmest room in the house beause I use the PC for most of the day...

Time for your rad to point out the window and blow all that heat away? :shrug:

Speaking of which, has anyone ever tried to duct their rad out a window?

i haven't, i'm gonna have my pc in my basement in a nice 19C temp or 66F.

Never ducted the warm air out, but I have ducted air in during the winter...

Edit: To answer your original question, that res will be fine. And you will be happy with those panaflows.

Back