• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Review My System Before I Purchase It

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I would also recommend a 76 GB 10,000 RPM. It will be faster. If 76 Gb doesnt seem enough for you, once you fill that, you could buy a WD 34.6 GB 10,000 RPM and make it a slave. The one thing i learned was make sure your PC is upgrade friendly. You dont want to have to dish out 1500$ every year just to build a new computer becuase your old one wasnt upgrade friendly.

-gamer

EDIT: Sorry, didn't read the part where you had the 80 GB hard drive. In that case, you could get a WD Rapter 36 GB (or whatever) and use that for your games or whatever you want to go fast) They deffinatly make a diff.

-gamer

Thanks for the replies all. I have made the decision to stick with all of the hardware I listed. The only thing I won't be ordering here in a few minutes is the hard drive. It turns out that my friend's dad -- read original post -- may be able to get me a free raptor. If that doesn't pull through, I may just buy a raptor myself; they seem worth the dough.

Daniel_Dynasty: Here in the Dallas/Ft Worth metroplex, a Fry's store just opened up. Grand opening sales popped up in every Fry's in the metroplex. There was a one day sale for the 9800Pro for $180 -- $70 off the original Fry's price.

Anyway, I'm off to newegg to order. I'll be sure to get there through Overclockers.com's referal.

Depending on what happens with the hard drive, I may come back to ask everyone for their advice... I'm really leaning toward a 10k rpm drive.

good luck on your system, calculusasaraus. i didn't know that fry's is owned by best buy, and that they have stores in other states other than california.

do you guys have proof of the best buy ownership?

woot, I ordered.

As a side note, Fry's is typically rip-off central; good sales come once in a blue moon. So don't feel left out if Fry's hasn't selected your state for invasion.

wow, newegg has Mobile AMD Athlon 64 3000+, 1MB L2 Cache, 64-bit Processor 62W - OEM clawhammers, arent these better than newcastes and its mobil so its less voltage and temp? the price was only 10 bucks more..i like your setup, i think that m/b is good to and newegg does have it here for 3 bucks more, dont know about shipping..

yeah, i ended up ordering everything at newegg; they got in the mobo like right after i posted this thread. newegg's shipping is always as cheap as it gets. a lot of the smaller items don't even cost a dime to ship.

Back