• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rig in planning

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dsl158

Registered

That is my plan that I made for Corsair 900 case
Sorry for the **** drawing. I wanted to know what you guys thought of the design and if you could give some constructive criticism and if you could maybe link me to some parts Also the pump will go behind the radiator Thus the arrow

Heres the part list for the rig so far
PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2SCuF
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2SCuF/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2SCuF/benchmarks/

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($314.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI Z77A-GD65 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($129.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($144.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($89.89 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card ($499.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Corsair 900D ATX Full Tower Case ($259.99 @ Microcenter)
Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($156.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHOS104-08 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Drive ($52.37 @ Amazon)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)

Last edited:
I agree with ROG get a 4770k and a Z87 board.
If the rig is for gaming I'd get a I5 4670k not the 4770k.
Do you really need 16g or ram?
You do not need a 1000w PSU, not even close, a 500w-650w quality unit for 1 cpu and gpu is plenty!

I agree with ROG get a 4770k and a Z87 board.
If the rig is for gaming I'd get a I5 4670k not the 4770k.

I would recommend getting the 4770K and a Z87 boardfor gaming, which is what I did. The recommendation of an I5 4670K is cool for todays games. But in the next two years games may indeed start to take advantage of the 4770K's additional 4 virtual threads. Either is fine for today's gaming.

Do you really need 16g or ram?

I not only have 16g of ram but I have it on two slots leaving two open because I don't know what will be used two years from now. I have 16g as I turn off my paging completely. Not recommended for the faint of heart but as I was reminded, this is overclockers.

You do not need a 1000w PSU, not even close, a 500w-650w quality unit for 1 cpu and gpu is plenty!

I agree that 1000W for what you are doing is overkill but I would go to the 650W to 750W range which is the current price break. This would assure you enough power to SLI later. Make sure you get one that is highly rated and produces clean power.

Can someone tell me what radiators i can use
and if the circuit is good

You will need to do more research and planing before you start go on a shopping spree.
Also watch a lot of youtube video on water cooling and learn from the expert
One YouTube channel i recommend is Singularitycomputer
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqChlb8y4cQ0jAFaNFP QLqA

I have watched a lot of videos and looked at a lot of rigs and instruction manuals for planning what do I do now

I have watched a lot of videos and looked at a lot of rigs and instruction manuals for planning what do I do now

Welcome to OCFs. What delta's are you aiming for?

Not to come off as harsh but if you're not sure what to do now after reading and watching rigs than I would suggest slowing down and taking a look at build logs to give you an idea. Don't skimp through reading up intro to water cooling or it will bite you in the butt down the road. Have seen a few victims the past month that rushed it.

Also, take a look at the 900D build log in my signature to give you a clear idea of the potential with such a massive case.

Ive watched videos
Read build logs
Drawn it out several times
What do I need to do now?

Back