• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RMA Thru Brand Companies

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
dejo luv the sig, lol :thup:

What really steams my clams is the fact they keep insisting they're waiting on me to submit my CC info for an "advance replacement" and this is the hold up.

For the next 20 minutes I repeated my ordeal in great detail that I was told I was NOT eligible for an advance replacement because I was told by them there was no replacement board. So I had to send it in a 2nd time for a 2nd RMA. I also told them just to send me something similar and I'll take full responsibility as all I wanted was my machine running.

They said " I'm sorry we cannot do that. Advance replacement only applies to the same exact model board. If we don't have it we cannot swap model boards"

Then why the eff do you continue to shove this "advance replacement "crap down my gullet? :argue: Besides you (Asus) already have my effing damaged board, so advance replacement is really moot at this point geeez :rolleyes:

Yesterday while I was on the phone with the rep she couldn't even find my RMA :mad: The 2nd RMA # they issued is no longer valid so now she issued me a 3rd one. Who the hell hire these monkeys? :eh?:

my transaction with them-they told me to check to make sure they had the board before sending my board in (actually this was for the second rma), so that I did and was told that "advanced with tracking" would get a board sent out as soon as they could track my board coming back to them. after 2 weeks of having my board, they still had not shipped my "addvanced rma". When I called they told me it was because I didnt have a CC on file with them. I tried to get them to realize that they had my board for 2 weeks-so collateral wasnt an issue. And that the advanced with tracking should have got me a board sent out the day I shipped my board to them. I am sure they were laughing at me the whole while, so I played into it with being rather anti politically correct, as I was just going to get a giga board anyway.

it seems to be rather common, to get horrendous service. But many have a pleasureable experience. No rhyme or reason between the 2 either.

It does blow me away that a company with Asus's reputation in the world isnt more sullied than it is, and apparently they could care less. People are going to buy their products and they know it.

In the end it should turn out ok, but the taste it leaves is rather disgusting

In Poland ASUS RMA is through distribution except monitors and notebooks so each time when I have to make RMA for motherboards I just wait 3-5 weeks and get something fixed or replaced to new one. Warranty rules are usually that after 21-28 workdays I can demand new product and stores usually make that without bigger problems ( at least these better ).
Each time when I was asking ASUS support for any help I had useless answers or no info at all. Even if I got answer then with weekly delay...

Some days ago I got M5G board that was damaged because of their crappy box design or employees who didn't care to put it right into the box ... anyway I asked support if I will have any problems with RMA in the future if I won't send it back now ( nothing really important and shipping would cost me some money and time so I just didn't want to make RMA ). I got only answer that there won't be any problems without any other comment. There was no sorry or anything else that would feel me better in this case. Like it was standard for their products ...

I already decided that I won't buy any ASUS board unless it's ROG series but after 3rd damaged ROG ( and I had only 3 ) I will probably won't buy their products anymore.
My last ASUS RMA took over a month - P6X58D-E died and burned also cpu. I got replacement from shop as support couldn't say anything even that over a month already passed.

This thread should be called my problems with ASUS ... but yes almost all my problems with computer hardware support are related to ASUS support/RMA center.
Above I didn't describe distribution point of view but believe me it's not better ( I was working in distribution for couple of years ).

Well I called again today. Spoke to a "Cesar" and was told that the board has been recieved to the repair bench today. Today?!?! :eh?: They had it in their possession all this time ( since 3/21) and NOW is when they decide to check/work on it?!?! :mad:

Mr. Cesar assured me he will put a rush on it and I should be getting emails from him on the progress.

Geeez :rolleyes:

Wow. That's incredible. Why would I buy a board from Asus if they treat you like that? They've made good boards in the past, but this is so ridiculous.

Thanks for the heads up about the terrible customer service from Asus.

I'll be in the market for a new board when ivy bride ships. I'll be sure to scratch them off my list of contenders.

I have a Asus netbook.. hope nothing ever goes wrong with it.

Yeah, I know what you mean, robbie. I have an Asus laptop, which thankfully hasn't given me any problems. But seeing problems such as these "RMA Hell" being posted really turns me off from looking to them for my next work laptop. :(

I remember Asus sent me back my same old video card that was never tested, all they did was put it in a new box and send it back to me. I called them to be on hold for 45min. so yeah im not going with asus anymore. you can spend a weeks worth of pay on hardware and if something happends, well you're SOL. this stuff is not cheap to be pushed around.

Last edited:
Well I called again today. Spoke to a "Cesar" and was told that the board has been recieved to the repair bench today. Today?!?! :eh?: They had it in their possession all this time ( since 3/21) and NOW is when they decide to check/work on it?!?! :mad:

Mr. Cesar assured me he will put a rush on it and I should be getting emails from him on the progress.

Did you get your board back fixed yet.

Did you get your board back fixed yet.

Called again today. Spoke to a "Charlie". He checked and found out the board was replaced. Was shipped out on the 6th and scheduled to arrive today via FedEx ground. No emails/calls informing me it was replaced or that it was shipped :rolleyes:

The other rep stated it was "repaired", but that there was no other info aside from that :shrug:

We'll see what's inside the box when it arrives.

do you plan on testing it since your system has already been reassembled with another MB?? Perhaps at least test it on open bench?

Well got the package today and the serial number confirms it's the same exact board :-/

Don't have an open bench nor spare psu/cpu/DDR3 so that's out. Only way to test is to tear my main rig down and swap boards. I might do that over the weekend when the weather is bad and I won't have my kid with me.

I really don't want to do that but, it's the only way to test the board. Here I was told today it was replaced. Only thing they replaced was the shipping box :rolleyes:

I recently RMA'ed an ASUS monitor and just got it back today.

I shipped on March 26th, it was recieved March 30th, website had zero information about my status, i called about 2 times to find out what the status was and today April, 11th iv'e just gotten it back, it was a long wait because i didn't have a spare monitor at all.. instead i was using an ASUS Netbook, which by the way had BSOD issues randomly while using it...

So i sent that off, i'm seriously reconsidering making anymore ASUS purchases, in the last 2 years, i have RMA'd 2 Motherboards, 3 GPU's all of which had the same issues and all were concluded as faulty (replaced), a BluRay drive, a Monitor with barely any warranty left and a netbook.

What am i supposed to think...?

If i have one more ASUS problem in the next year, i'm done with ASUS, i shouldn't have to worry about replacing things like monitors every 2 years, or worry that it might not last.

I had quite positive experience with RMA for one of Asus monitors that I have at work. Maybe because Asus didn't fix it but external service company. All since shipping took 4 days and I got back monitor that is working fine now. I can only complain that I had no info what was fixed etc.

I had quite positive experience with RMA for one of Asus monitors that I have at work. Maybe because Asus didn't fix it but external service company. All since shipping took 4 days and I got back monitor that is working fine now. I can only complain that I had no info what was fixed etc.

Yeah i have no idea what was fixed on mine either, the back light the night before the 'big issue' was doing a faint dimming/flickering, after having it off all night, the next morning i tried to turn it on and i got a very very dim display and it would immeditatly turn off, i'm assuming it was the backlight or something, but i believe this is LED backlit. Either way the monitor actually seems alot brighter than it did when i first got it., now it's almost blinding on white pages, and it's been calibrated manually. ASUS VW246H

Talk about your deja vu again.

I've spoken to this same person two or three times now and he told me the same exact thing, that after they'd had it nearly a month they were just starting to look at it and that he would put some sort of rush processing on it to expedite the testing/repairs and would update me via emails or phone calls.

A Senior member sent a loaner 920 chip which I should have tomorrow. I've got a spare 400w psu, a PCI video card and a sata HDD. Enough to test it on my kitchen table. Hopefully these dingalings @ Asus fixed it. If when I boot it up and see only 8gb of ram instead of the 12gb for triple channel, I am going to go berserk :mad:

I am keeping my fingers crossed tho and hope for the best.

Tech Tweaker I hope your board doesn't suffer the same fate bud.

Back