• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RMA with AMD who's done it ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Scout

Any experiences with AMD's RMA process ? I just filled out the RMA request hopeing it goes well lol. Phenom x2 550 and x3 720 I have long since replaced them but I figured I would try to get these bricks out of my spare parts bin. :D

Well to update this I got a prepaid Fedex 2 day from AMD and I sent them in yesterday I never even had to show proof of purchase which I had already dug up lol.

3 years both of these proc's were nearing the end of that.

Yeah they both died I am very unlucky I guess, they we not overclocked either. They both died within a month of each other too. It was almost 3 years ago now though.

your probly the 1st person here to ever return a CPU because almost all of us overclock right out of the box

Yeah I am pretty young 20 lol it was my pre OC days it was dirty power at my old house that did them in I think. lost 2 6800 ultras too :cry:

Edit: after all that disappointment I built my current rig and discovered overclocking lol its an addiction.

Last edited:
HDZ550WFGIBOX 9122678K90566 RETURN RECEIVED

This is to confirm receipt of your defective product which you shipped
back to us as part of the Cross Ship Warranty Replacement.

This completes this transaction and we thank you for your business.
They are pretty quick I should have it back by this weekend !

HDZ550WFGIBOX 9122678K90566 RETURN RECEIVED

This is to confirm receipt of your defective product which you shipped
back to us as part of the Cross Ship Warranty Replacement.

This completes this transaction and we thank you for your business.
They are pretty quick I should have it back by this weekend !

I might send in my 955 C2, and hope I get a C3 in return :p

There is a pretty decent probability that you won't get an older stepping then the one you send in so.... go for it lol !

Got the x3 720 back today brand new in box ! now wheres the other one lol I sent them in the same box.

I'm actually shocked they still have those sitting around haha. I thought they'd send you something newer.

Maybe they will send me an FX 4100 for the 550 that would be nice.

Got the 550 back today AMD's RMA process was impressive to say the least and much much faster then when I sent my motherboard in (MSI). Happy customer

Back