• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rolla Engineers Playing with LN2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dolk

I once overclocked an Intel
Xxrabid93 and I are doing the engineer thing, Overclocking with LN2!

Time frame: We will start around 6:30 - 7:00 PM CT

Hardware: We will be benching his 775 stuff :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: Yes thats right, Intel. BUT!!! I can't be doing anything with AMD because I want to pound IMOG without even a warm up. Teach that man whos who :D

[LSTREAM][/LSTREAM]

Last edited:
awesome, what exactly are you benching? I'm interested to see how you guys get the stuff down so I can learn!

He is bringing all the 775 stuff he has. Idk what it is :shrug:

I'll make sure I keep it on my second monitor while I play some DA2!

... And I wasn't even sent an invite... I see how it's played, boys.

They benched a Q9550 with a GA-EP45-UD3P (not 100% on the mobo... it could have been a EP45-Extreme)...

AFAIK they did get some decent times, but struggled quite a bit in the end....

So were they hitting a CB? I couldn't tell, was too enveloped in my DA2 finish :)

Dolk needs to go back and review the history of physics and the discovery of radiation.

... And I wasn't even sent an invite... I see how it's played, boys.

Lol. I was down there (actually still in St. Louis currently) to register for my classes at college.

They benched a Q9550 with a GA-EP45-UD3P (not 100% on the mobo... it could have been a EP45-Extreme)...

AFAIK they did get some decent times, but struggled quite a bit in the end....

Correct on the hardware, and correct on the decent times but struggling in the end.:bang head Still was an awesome time though!

So were they hitting a CB? I couldn't tell, was too enveloped in my DA2 finish :)

Yep, CB seemed to be pretty bad, like -90*C. Never totally figured it out though...:shrug:

Still got some decent scores, i think; i just need to wait for hwbot to be back up to submit and actually see how i (we:D) did... I'm gonna guess 40-50 boints total, though that is kinda a shot in the dark.

EDIT: Since the rev.4 server is still up, i checked on there. I would have around 50 boints based on that.

Last edited:
Dolk needs to go back and review the history of physics and the discovery of radiation.

I'm not to interested in Physics. But what was this in reference to?

Xrays, y'all were discussing xraying hard drives and how xrays damage film "somehow".

That's how radiation was discovered, a photo plate (this was before film) got fogged by gammas in a lab.

A photon is a photon, it's just that some can cruise right through your camera and others can't.

Results:

cpuz 18.8p: http://hwbot.org/submission/2176181_xxrabid93_cpu_z_core_2_q9550_2.83ghz_4631.67_mhz
sp1m 19.2p: http://hwbot.org/submission/2176184_xxrabid93_superpi_core_2_q9550_2.83ghz_10sec_297ms
wp32 14.3p: http://hwbot.org/submission/2176186_xxrabid93_wprime_32m_core_2_q9550_2.83ghz_8sec_625ms

wp1024 and pf would be .1p each, so i didn't bother submitting. sp32m i didn't even get a run it.:-/

This chip definitely has more in it, it and the board and ram all started being stupid probably 2/3 of the way through the session. My insulation seemed good, no condensation on the board from what i could tell, so idk what was going on exactly.:shrug: Definitely gonna bench this setup again sometime though and see if i can improve. Maybe in Philly?

Oh yes, some pics:

IMG_0681.jpg

IMG_0682.jpg

IMG_0683.jpg

IMG_0686.jpg

And...George...lol

IMG_0684.jpg

From how it sounds it seems that either you had a very high coldbug or there was condensation but you didn't find it. Nice scores on the ones that you got though :)

Back