• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RTX 2080 TI coil whine

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xander89

Hey all

It has been a while since i posted on here but I just wanted to ask is anyone else is experiencing pretty loud coil while on their 2080ti.

I recently upgraded my cooling to a full hydro x custom loop and I noticed that my card has some pretty bad coil whine while gaming. I didnt notice it when I had the stock cooler on my card but since I put the watercooling in I have noticed it a lot more. Just wondering why it might be more apparent when its watercooled compared with when it has the stock cooler on it?

Cheers

I don't have that card, but the other 2080 Ti's I've reviewed/played with, none had coil whine.

Mine will whine a little during a strenuous 3D benchmark when everything is overclocked to the max. But, I never hear anything when running my conservative 24/7 overclock while gaming. As for why you hear it more now, maybe double check to make sure all water block fasteners are evenly tightened down. Probably made the same sound before, but the fans drowned the whine out. Turn up the case fans to mask the noise. ;)

Back