• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rumors: Another XBOX 360 Model With HD-DVD Drive

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

Another XBOX 360 Model With HD-DVD Drive

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/828/828935p1.html

Some whacky Aussy company has let rip that Toshiba and Microsoft have had talks with a new model of 360.

If it's true it may include

Built-in HD-DVD drive
- Larger hard-drive
- "Extensive wireless networking capability"
- 1080p playback

For Hard Drive I'll go something with 160GB at least but if they are true and it's going to come out people will be ****ed cause of the Elite owners.

Last edited:
It sounds cool. But it almost sounds like it would be more expensive than the PS3. Almost eliminating what advantage the 360 had in the first place. And then there's the question of reliability...

I believe they have been it talks for a very long time because it would be in Toshibas best interest to get more players out, but talks are just that. Talks.

Who knows if it will ever materialize.

I believe they have been it talks for a very long time because it would be in Toshibas best interest to get more players out, but talks are just that. Talks.

Who knows if it will ever materialize.

I'm waiting for the one with the espresso maker, built in dual cup holder, satellite navigation and XM radio. Oh, and it comes with a clock too.

- Blackstar

it would be the xbox360 hyper anniversary turbo EX turbo hyper edition.

and i think this is a good idea but i do think it would get a bit to expensive side.

microsoft and sony are doing the exact opposite:p one was too expensive with everything on it and now they are downgrading and making it cheaper.
and one is starting cheaper and making it more expensive and adding stuff too it

oh no we arent ever going to put the HDdvd drive in the console and no games wont be on hd dvd's.

screw you m$

I'll wait until this version comes out and buy it, 'cause there will be no point in buying one now when all the games start coming out on HD-DVDs.

Microsoft did say that they were not going to put games on HD-DVD, did they not?

They won't put the games on HD-DVD. They would only want to do this to say to the PS3 guys that hey look we have an internal hi def movie player too. There are too many people with today's 360 for them to change format now.

I call BS on this unless they have a newer faster HD-DVD drive because they've said in the past the read speed of the HD-DVD drive is too slow for DVD or HD-DVD games. If they do it, then this will be a bigger **** up than Sega ever thought about and Microsoft is too smart and not arrogant enough to pull such a thing.

I call BS on this unless they have a newer faster HD-DVD drive because they've said in the past the read speed of the HD-DVD drive is too slow for DVD or HD-DVD games. If they do it, then this will be a bigger **** up than Sega ever thought about and Microsoft is too smart and not arrogant enough to pull such a thing.

But you forget one important thing here Fudge. Corporate greed will always trump intelligence and most certainly common sense (although there is no concrete evidence of the exsistance of common sense being displayed by any company in modern history anyway).

Back