• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rumors: Another XBOX 360 Model With HD-DVD Drive

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If they released one, that'd be a surefire way to **** me off, since I just bought an elite like a month ago... Now they could release the HD-DVD player in black... That'd be nice.

I'll wait until this version comes out and buy it, 'cause there will be no point in buying one now when all the games start coming out on HD-DVDs.

Microsoft did say that they were not going to put games on HD-DVD, did they not?

that and some where they said the hd-dvd drive was not going to become internal either

If they released one, that'd be a surefire way to **** me off, since I just bought an elite like a month ago... Now they could release the HD-DVD player in black... That'd be nice.

See I told ya someone would be p**sed I know I would be in fact my current 360 is off for repair it comes back it's going to my local game shop for an Elite.

So I'll be p**sed too if after I have bought it's true this rumor.

Hmmm imagines the launch announcement for this new 360....

Ladies & Gentlemen Microsoft is proud to bring you (drum roll) the 360 that we had planned at launch but managed to f**k up completly and only get it right after 3 yrs da da da 360 Original!!!!

well it seems like MS is joining the HD/BlueRay fight after all

http://www.smarthouse.com.au/Gaming/Console/P4G5C3U2?page=1

MS is apparently joining With Toshiba to make the 360 into a HTPC with HD-DVD Built in
Microsoft, according to insiders at Toshiba owner of the HD DVD patents, claim that Microsoft is working on a brand new Xbox that will incorporate not only a new HD DVD drive but a large hard drive and new entertainment software that is a spin off from its struggling media centre offering.

now this could be the next gen xbox or it could be the 360.. that part is not known yet.

Wow if this is true consoles seem to be going to way of computers in which you have to upgrade certain components of your system just to play a game! That is exactly the reason I decided to get an Xbox 360, I just can't afford to play the constant PC upgrade game.

Wow if this is true consoles seem to be going to way of computers in which you have to upgrade certain components of your system just to play a game! That is exactly the reason I decided to get an Xbox 360, I just can't afford to play the constant PC upgrade game.

no no no; that won't be happening; it's POSSIBLE they could come out with HDDVD versions of games which would be the game + extra content, but there's absolutely NO WAY there will ever be an xbox360 game you can't play on ANY xbox360

seriously.. think of how long a game could be with it based on a 50gb hd-dvd disk? or the quality of the game.. think true 1080p gaming..

Blue Dragon is pretty much at the finacial limitation of RPG gaming and it would't have been better on an HD DVD disk.

It cost way too much to produce a DVD worth of quality content, let alone an HD DVD disk.

CG is a different story. I can see lazy compression of CGs filling up a ton of space as the jrpg is 99.9% CG :D

seriously.. think of how long a game could be with it based on a 50gb hd-dvd disk? or the quality of the game.. think true 1080p gaming..

Yeah but games keep getting shorter. The only thing to fill the disk with is hi res images and videos.

Back