• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rundll32.exe errors.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ap673

About 15 min or so after booting up my computer some problem happens with rundll32.exe and slows the computer a ton. I go into Windows Task Manager and in processes its taking up 100% CPU usage. So I just end that process and everything is ok. But what the heck is it, and is it ok to end it?
Thanks.

Well, it just happened again right after i made the post, the error message is:

An exception occured while trying to run ''''C:\WINDOWS\system32\6so4svc.dll'', UMonitor''

Looks like your computer has some spyware on it. First run AdAware or Spybot S&D to clean off your system.

Next, this thread has some info on how to get rid of the 6so4svc.dll thing specifically.
Open up RegEdit and search for 6so4svc.dll
Delete the key with 6so4svc.dll in it.
Select the Guardian folder on the left tree and right click, select "Permissions..."
Select SYSTEM and then check the boxes under Deny. This will keep any system processes from changing this key. It will complain to you with a warning but just hit okay.
Restart, delete the 6so4svc.dll and 6to4svc.dll and 6so4svc.cpy.dll's and you're done.

Hopefully that will solve your problem :)

JigPu

Just found this as well.

Try downloading the tool the person mentions and running it. I'll bet it finds some more related bits of spyware...

JigPu

Back