• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Running 400fsb chip on a IC7?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Krowa 02

Im thinking about getting one of those cheap 1.8A's that have been hitting 3ghz without problem. Ive been looking at the IC7 but they only support 533/800 fsb.

My question is, will the board default my cpu to 533 fsb or not load the cpu at all? Its only a 9 dollar difference between the AI7 and the IC7 and the performance boost from PAT looks apetizing.

Northwood core 400fsb CPU's should have no problem running on 865/875 chipset boards. I had a 2.0A running on an IS7 and a P4P800 with absolutely no issues.

The reason that Abit only officially supports 800/533 fsb procs is because these are ALL NW core CPU's. Some of the 400fsb procs were of the Willy variety and that's where the problem is as they run 1.75Vcore versus 1.5ish Vcore.

If you have a NW core CPU then you should have no problems running it in a 865/875 board, and it will default your CPU to 400fsb.

I guess I could try that, I want a good mobo because im going to put a 3.0C in it or something like that during the summer when the prices drop (Not gonna oc that one)

Back