• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RYZEN 1700 Chipset Drivers/Appcenter problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

allyn_cj

Should i update my chip-set drivers? I checked gigabytes website and it has one from like 3 months ago or should i go to the AMD website and do that or are they separate and i should do both?

PC runs fine but gets pretty warm sometimes when high end gaming.

The reason for the question
So I have a strange problem. I have a GA-AB350 Gaming i recently did a restore on my pc and i had gigabyte app-center on it with an app called System Information Viewer (SIV) which had smart-fan 5 on it. I reinstalled it all and it bricks my PC no joke crashes the whole thing when i open SIV. So the only thing i can think of that would do it is bad chip-set drivers.

https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/GA-AB350-Gaming...

and on ryzens website its just got the ryzen master which is for overclocking. Which im not going to do till i get SIV and smartfan5 again because the stupid intake and exaust fans wont go above 500 rpm and my AIO pump only comes on when it needs to.
3tGZju6.png

Thats my info from ryzen master.

So. Should i install the chipset drivers from the gigabyte drivers page for my motherboard?

Specs:
Ryzen 1700
STRIX RX580 T8G
GA-AB350 Gaming
16GB Corsair 3000mhz ddr4
Corsair 750 PSU
Captain 280 AIO CPU Cooler
860 EVO 1TB SSD

2/2 Intake/Exauhst and 2 on the rad intake.

That has nothing to do with chipset drivers
It is a software conflict and possibly some registry damage.

By "restored" do you mean a system Restore or a reinstall of Windows?
Either way, Mr. Scott is correct that's not chipset drivers it's a software/registry problem.
You may need to re-install Windows to get everything working correctly again and personally I take the chipset drivers from AMD, saves a lot of "bloat" that mobo makers seem to need to shove into that package.

Appcenter is a prerequisite for installing any of the apps (SIV, RGB, Easytuner, etc). Meaning, you need to install appcenter first and then SIV, RGB, etc. If you performed a system restore that relationship may have been compromised, as noted above. I would try uninstalling SIV, RGB, etc then uninstall App center. Once all app center apps and the appcenter app :) have been removed, reinstall appcenter FIRST. Then SIV, RGB, etc and see if that fixes the issue.

Back