• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ryzen 5 3rd gen choices

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Blingo

I was looking to get the 3600x but is it worth getting over the 3600?

It's 70 dollars more and I don't think it's that much faster.

I was looking to get the 3600x but is it worth getting over the 3600?

It's 70 dollars more and I don't think it's that much faster.

Performance/$, the 3600 is the better choice. The better cooler is probably the only thing you'll gain on the 3600x, and you can get a much better cooler for the price difference. The slight increase in boost speed wont make a huge difference (it's not like an all-core overclock, it's a single core 'boost' at times). Save the $70, and put it towards a better board/cooler/gpu/ram. You'll get more out one of those.

Performance/$, the 3600 is the better choice. The better cooler is probably the only thing you'll gain on the 3600x, and you can get a much better cooler for the price difference. The slight increase in boost speed wont make a huge difference (it's not like an all-core overclock, it's a single core 'boost' at times). Save the $70, and put it towards a better board/cooler/gpu/ram. You'll get more out one of those.
Thanks a lot I really needed that , all the research I was doing was about to make my brain explode. Lol

But I have another question how much RAM and what ram should I be getting? I see so many different ddr4 ram

Also as for the motherboard x570 is best the choice correct ?

I'm currently looking to do this

https://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails?ItemList=Combo.3920838

Get a dual channel kit (2x8 or 2x16).
16gb is plenty for gaming, 32gb if you're planning memory intensive tasks.
3600mhz is the "sweet spot" for Ryzen 3000, get 3600mhz c16 ram if you want one of the best options. Otherwise, 3200mhz c16 wont be a huge difference (maybe a couple percent) and will cost much less. Lots of 2x8gb 3200mhz c16 kits for $60-70 these days.

You can run the 3600 on any am4 board, but the x570 is the best choice if you dont wamt to worry about having to pre-flash a bios on to an older board. And many of the low-mid tier x570 boards are the same price as x470 boards anyway.
Find one that has the features you want (wifi, bluetooth, rgb headers, etc) and one that has the looks you like. They will all run the 3600 well.

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

Screenshot_20190712-184753.jpg

Get a dual channel kit (2x8 or 2x16).
16gb is plenty for gaming, 32gb if you're planning memory intensive tasks.
3600mhz is the "sweet spot" for Ryzen 3000, get 3600mhz c16 ram if you want one of the best options. Otherwise, 3200mhz c16 wont be a huge difference (maybe a couple percent) and will cost much less. Lots of 2x8gb 3200mhz c16 kits for $60-70 these days.

You can run the 3600 on any am4 board, but the x570 is the best choice if you dont wamt to worry about having to pre-flash a bios on to an older board. And many of the low-mid tier x570 boards are the same price as x470 boards anyway.
Find one that has the features you want (wifi, bluetooth, rgb headers, etc) and one that has the looks you like. They will all run the 3600 well.

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

View attachment 206541

Thanks a lot bro!! ��

second everything JeffG said. I wouldn't worry about 3600MHz at all unless you plan to benchmark. I do suggest checking the QVL for the motherboard, although this is not exhaustive. However if you can get a stick that is listed on the QVL this is beneficial. I am shocked by those prices though!!

Also if you are considering in the future upgrading to a CPU with more cores, then motherboard selection becomes more important. But if you're just looking to get 6 cores up and running for the lowest cost, then almost any will do.

Back