• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ryzen 7 3800x all core overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KryptiK45

Ryzen 7 3800x
Asrock Pro4 X570
Ripjaws V DDR4-3600MHz CL16-19-19-39 1.35V 16GB (2x8GB)
Evga FTW3 RTX 2080 ti
be quiet! dark rock slim cpu cooler (180 tdp cooling)
windows 10 home
Evga semi modular psu 750w 80+ bronze

No change to bios, did all overclocking through ryzenmaster

Attached screenshot of current stable settings, but cannot get beyond those settings. keeps crashing during aida stress tests. Have tried raising volts for higher frequencies. Screenshot (1).png

Any advice to try and get 4.4ghz~4.5ghz?

How are your load temps? 4.3 sounds about ball park within my limited play without even more volts and better cooling.

The power phase components of your motherboard may be a limiting factor to a higher clock.

Most will not get over 4300 stable, some of the better chips can bench 4400 / 4500 depending on cooling. If you got stable 4300 you are doing good, you might get another 25 or 50 mhz but that is probably as far as it will go.

As an update after tripping around in the bios I saw that my mobo was undervolting my RAM which very well could have affected system stability. I'll post an update soon to see if I can push the clock higher.

I'd look to see what that RAM did first. The board isn't the greatest but has a decent VRM (it is 10-phase /4+2, but not sure what amperage the bits are rated for). That isn't getting in the way at this point, though.

Last edited:
Seems to offer no improvement. Stock settings also seem to overvolt the cpu and have it running at slower speeds.

Back