• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ryzen mobile TDP and PStates tweaking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tír na nÓg

Discussion
Ryzen Mobile TDP and PState adjust 2500U 2700U 3500U 3700U ...

Hi all,

Just posting to synthetize what is needed to adjust both TDP and PStates on Ryzen mobile on Windows.

You need RyzenAdjust ( https://gitlab.com/ryzen-controller-team/ryzen-controller/tree/master )

and

RyzenTest ( http://www.mdcc-fun.de/k.helbing/Ryzen/RyzenTest.zip ).

First one allows for TDP adjustements.

Second one for PStates (Frequency and VID, working).

Combining both and Power Options in Windows allows for nice little gaming setup, with the Vega running between 1000 and 1100MHz, CPU with all cores on 3000MHz/1.05v, everything below 80C on my Huawei Matebook D.

Need to use RyzenTest0.exe and better play with P1/P2 and Power Options than P0. Example : P2 600MHz/0.9VID, P1 3000MHz/0.9VID, leave P0 as it is and set maximum processor state to 99% in the power options. CPU will go to 3000MHz on load, ignoring P0 state.

Hello,

Could you please describe what values did you use in Ryzen Controller?

Also, could you please elaborate on how to use RyzenTest0.exe to modify Pstates? I have used 30W in Ryzen Controller on Matebook with all sliders maxed out except for temperature and frequencies, and my Pstate stays at 0 under load no matter what I do.

Much appreciated.

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply. Was not around for a while...

I set everything to 30w in Ryzen Controller. Temps 85 to 90c.

Regarding RyzenTest0,

I change P1 and P2 to the desired values (in my case P2 to 1000MHz/0.9v, and P1 between 3000 and 3200MHz with 1ish volt.

You need to set the max processor state to 99% in your in your windows power profile, in order to never reach P0 state.

I hope it helps!

Back