• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ryzen Mobile Finally Arrives: AMD Ryzen 5 2500U Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kenrou

https://www.techspot.com/review/1545-amd-ryzen-5-2500u/

"Thanks to these products, codenamed Raven Ridge, we might actually see some competition back in the ultrathin laptop market. The two APUs in the Ryzen line-up for now are the Ryzen 5 2500U and the Ryzen 7 2700U."

"The big thing to note here isn’t the CPU though, which is a lot faster than anything AMD has produced in the mobile space for years. But it’s the GPU where AMD has a huge competitive advantage: the Ryzen 5 2500U has a Vega 8 GPU, with 8 compute cores and a total of 512 shaders, clocked up to 1100 MHz."

"The impressive aspect to the new Ryzen Mobile parts is they cram both a quad-core Ryzen CPU and a powerful Vega GPU into a 15W TDP."

I look forward to seeing what AMD brings in the APU sector in this coming year.

I actually just ordered an HP Envy x360 15z with Ryzen. I would have preferred a 13" in the Spectre line but since I'm in the market I settled on this. Virtually same performance against Intel but with a much better IGP. I'm only disappointed that the active pen isn't included. (Will update if it is.)

:edit: No pen is included. This is a very nice machine, however. Somewhat slow bootup since I went with the spinning disk but once loaded it's hardly noticeable. I haven't tried any gaming on it yet. Haven't done much of that in forever.

Last edited:
Back