• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE AMD Ryzen 5 3600X CPU Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Isn't the memory test faulty... someone didnt pay attention to the clock settings being on par. Only if you misfit the uclk and mclk such bad results come up.

If you test systems, do your homework first.

Not a good review, it's one that misleads to false assumptions.

Let's assume I have no idea what you're talking about. Can you explain this to me more in depth? What makes the memory test faulty?

The crap bios for most x370, x470 and x570 are crap, just read the problems people are having. So I would not blame the CPU just yet. Asus in my case is the worst.

My local Microcenter finally has the 3900X in stock. But, unlike every other AMD and Intel CPU, they won't let you reserve it online and then come in to pick it up. You have to come to the store to get one. I did this for a prior CPU release and when I got to the store (1 hour round trip) they had sold out. So I don't do that anymore. All they show online is that the have 10+, that could be 11 and they could be all gone.

Edit - already down to 8. Oops now 7. Now 2. All gone!

Last edited:
Isn't the memory test faulty... someone didnt pay attention to the clock settings being on par. Only if you misfit the uclk and mclk such bad results come up.

If you test systems, do your homework first.

Not a good review, it's one that misleads to false assumptions.

I actually do some fairly thorough testing, if there's something you have found faulty I'm happy to discuss that and see if it's my results or something else. The biggest issue I have with your rant is that you're not remotely specific as to what the error might be.

:shrug: Mandrake Sir, you are the second person telling Johan did something wrong and neither being specific about it. Please explain!

I thought the review to be very informative.
Just like any review, end user results will vary and for many different reasons.
A simple bios update newer than used in the review can sometimes make a world of difference while the review was done on pre released hardware.

Keep up the good work Johan. Also, Id like to extend my delid sevices to you in the future for experimental purposes if so desired.

:shrug: Mandrake Sir, you are the second person telling Johan did something wrong and neither being specific about it. Please explain!

You get an official :facepalm: Taco.......Really?

Just an FYI Mr Johan and I speak often on the forum and outside of it. Bassnut is correct, it's called sarcasm....

just installed my 3200G but already have the itch for the 3600X, or maybe even a 3700...my initial idea behind this build was to use the integrated Vega graphics since I don't really do much outside of LR and a little PS...but I grabbed a 1660ti (impulse buy while picking up an SSD at best buy :/ ) so the integrated graphics idea is kind of a moot point now...but none of these new parts are going to be maximized running on a B450 board...haven't had any photo projects on the new build yet so I can't say if it's any snappier than my 1500X build but this build will only have LR and PS installed...the 1500X rig will remain the "family" rig with all the MS Office, school projects, etc. on it...

Back